Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I gave up on my Mustang solo.....

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2009, 07:41 PM
wagsrk08
Road Captain
Received 35 Likes on 23 Posts

Mean City Cycles overhauled my OEM stock FLHR seat. Fantastic customer service, fast turn around time, excellent product. Call them, tell them your situation and listen to their recommendations.

Old 06-01-2009, 09:12 PM
TooEasy
Road Captain
Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts
Unhappy I gave up on my Mustang solo

Originally Posted by Sketz
However, I think I might see your problem if that's you sitting on the bike in your picture - it appears the seat is way too forward for your height, you seem to be sitting on the back rim of the seat, which will definitely kill your tailbone. Is the seat as far aft that it can go?
Sketz, its the way it came in from the factory. Its not adjustable fore and aft, is it?

Old 06-01-2009, 09:15 PM
VTwin-Goodies
Sponsor
Received 1,949 Likes on 1,933 Posts

Mean city can make it so you sit more forward or aft.

Regards,
Tom
Harley Goodies

Old 06-01-2009, 09:23 PM
trozenhorse
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i have a corbin and CC seats, CC is the best deal and easy to work with, Corbin makes a good seat when they get it right, customer service is just ok so you need a little patience but it is a great seat. you can call them and order direct form Corbin, i like the leather on the corbin a bit more, it is thicker with a cobble stone grain. Im sure you can sell your new mustang. I also had meancity fix my 2 up seat, they did a nice job on it. Corbin and CC designs have more back supprt and firm on the butt which is a good thing. Good luck.

Old 06-01-2009, 11:35 PM
roadroids
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had the same experience. Did 500 on a mustang solo, then sent it back to the factory for my money back. I thought it was too soft - my back hurt and had pain in the back of my legs. They have great customer service. I had been riding a corbin solo and thought I could get more comfort with the mustang. I was wrong. At least for my butt, corbin rules.

Old 06-02-2009, 04:57 AM
eskimoSG09
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

So far the stock seat has felt good to me. I have never rode on a mustang or corbin though, so I have no comparison. Leaving on a 9-10 day trip next week so maybe I'll be looking into one then. By the way, does anybody have any thoughts on HD's custom seat program? I've been thinking of doing that as a solo option.

Old 06-02-2009, 04:45 PM
TooEasy
Road Captain
Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts
Talking Gave up on my Mustang solo

Originally Posted by Sketz
I also have the Mustang solo and it's very comfortable - not soft at all. However, I think I might see your problem if that's you sitting on the bike in your picture - it appears the seat is way too forward for your height, you seem to be sitting on the back rim of the seat, which will definitely kill your tailbone. Is the seat as far aft that it can go? In my situation I sit just about in the middle of the seat, however, I'm only 5'7".
Sketz, you may be onto something. I adjusted the handlebars forward, and now I am in the middle of the seat. I will put some miles over the weekend and see what its like. If this works, it wil save me a lot of time and aggravation, lol.

Old 06-02-2009, 06:25 PM
Sketz
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by TooEasy
Sketz, its the way it came in from the factory. Its not adjustable fore and aft, is it?
TooEasy, mine has slots where it mounts to the fender, I can move it forward or back only about an one inch.

Old 06-02-2009, 06:44 PM
PhilM
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I've got over 100k on my Mustang and love it.

Seats are like pipes, bars, etc... one size don't fit all.

Old 06-02-2009, 07:27 PM
07JakeelwoodHD
Road Master
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Im interested if you decide to sell it

Quick Reply: I gave up on my Mustang solo.....