Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

almost let road rage get the best of me

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2009 | 06:00 PM
brettnbama
|
Ultimate HDF Member
Default almost let road rage get the best of me

I know, I know, a bike will never win against a car but.......

The wife took her Iron out for her first ride outside the neighborhood today. I was on the RK, and she was following me. I took her out into the country to get her a little comfortable. We basically made a big loop, on the last leg we were back into town. I wanted to be with her on her first taste of light traffic. She is still a little scared of the throttle, so when we left the light, I got a little in front of her. The lane next to me was clear, except for a crappy orange pontiac (sunfire I think). The car jumped in between us, cutting my wife off pretty good. I changed lanes and waved the car to pass me up. When it went by, the big fat cow driving it and her sideways hat wearing punk boy friend were yelling something and making some pretty sweet gestures at me. I replied with a one fingered wave. The driver returned the salute, then the part that REALLY pissed me off.....in unison, the driver and the douche in the passenger seat lifted their hands out the windows and flicked lit cigarettes out the car. Both of them barely missed me. I was a few cars behind them, but in the left turn lane. My light turned green before theirs. As I rolled up to them, I was tring to think of what to say.....so, I said the first thing that came to mind....."you fat f--king b--ch!!!" I did notice her "man" wouldn't even look at me.....I looked in the mirror at the wife, expecting her to be shaking her head in disapproval at my actions, but to my suprise, she was laughing at the whole thing.....

Old 05-31-2009 | 06:04 PM
Anthony8858
Road Master

I had a similar incident a number of years ago. Some guy cuts me off, sees my reaction, then cuts me off again, and gives me the salute.

I calmly pulled up next to him, opened his door and be the crap out of him, went home and had a beer.
Needless to say, I was in a bad mood as it was, and this guy pushed the wrong button.

I wouldn't do that with my wife around, so I'm glad you avoided a confrontation.

Old 06-01-2009 | 04:33 AM
65Bowtie
Advanced

Ever seen what a little bit of porcelin off a used spark plug will do if flicked at a window? Makes it spiderweb break, pretty neat.

Old 06-01-2009 | 06:18 AM
burnafatty
Tourer

Now that's funny....don't woman know we do all this for them!

Old 06-01-2009 | 06:31 AM
n8dc
Road Warrior

the other night the wife and i were coming back from having pizza and i took the back way home. There was this suv with a blonde in it riding my azz... I was near the center double yellow line and just raised my hand in disgust and slowed a bit and she passed me on the right? she never slowed or anything just drove by me right down the hill and pulled in the gas station.. My wife stopped me from pulling in and kicking her door in

Old 06-01-2009 | 06:51 AM
Our07Ultra
Road Warrior

Sound to me like this would have been the opportune time for a "forehead phlegm ball". just kidding..but it would make quite the statement!! I saw it take place once and wow!! most effective!
Congrats for not letteing them get the better of you. I hope your wife does not use this incident to ride less and assist in making her a better rider.
Both of ya ride safe!

Old 06-01-2009 | 07:00 AM
katobird
Road Warrior

The classic ..you **&*ing b^&$*h.....most problem women are 20-25 on their cell phone , tailgating or the cocked hated punks
I leave plenty of room and let all the morons fight for that premium 25ft ahead of me syndrome. But when you're just a plain stupid moron who has no respect for the roads or bikes...
The ol pull up next to them at a light and say a few words and the 1 finger wave..all at once..usually satifies me and I pull away when green....

Old 06-01-2009 | 07:09 AM
smokindave
Road Warrior

A few years back a friend of mine had the same type of confrontation with a cage driver. He no longer rides as he is in a wheel chair. The driver ran him off the road into a concrete abutment and he broke his back (they never found the guy). And YES, I have also been quilty of road rage doing my share of mayhem but, after my friends accident I don't engage the aholes anymore. The world is growing more idiots every day.

Old 06-01-2009 | 08:54 AM
Mike5959
Road Warrior

I always seem to get angrier at people when my wife is on the back but thats probably not the best idea. Alot harder to defend yourself with a passenger....

Old 06-01-2009 | 08:56 AM
FLHX08
Road Captain

Originally Posted by smokindave
A few years back a friend of mine had the same type of confrontation with a cage driver. He no longer rides as he is in a wheel chair. The driver ran him off the road into a concrete abutment and he broke his back (they never found the guy). And YES, I have also been quilty of road rage doing my share of mayhem but, after my friends accident I don't engage the aholes anymore. The world is growing more idiots every day.
very good advice. no matter what you say to them, you can't fix stupid. can't teach them and there's no pill for them to take to make them less stupid. Don't know how many times someone has done something stupid while driving and if you flip them off they get mad like your the one messed up. Just try and ride safe and stay away from them the best you can. In your case the lesson is don't leave too much space between you and your wife while riding.

Quick Reply: almost let road rage get the best of me