Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

almost let road rage get the best of me

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2009 | 03:18 PM
cbears
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by gdkenoyer
On an emotional level I whole-heartedly agree with the "beat the crap out of him" and "smashed the window" reactions.

On a cya level I am amazed that neither of you has been sued for everything you own and your first-born children to boot.

Too many people these days are self-centerd a$$holes, and too many a$$holes are more than happy to sue.

Had either of the cagers in the above examples been litigious, you'd both be totally SOL.
Amen brother!!! I've gotten flipped off a couple of times when I didn't get "out of the way" fast enough. I've been pulled out in front of, cut off, ignored, etc... I always try to count to 10 and just enjoy the ride. Of course, in my mind they are all dead slowly and painfully but I make it home safe and get to keep my money.

Old 06-03-2009 | 04:06 PM
harley0711
Seasoned HDF Member

Modesto Ca - few years back - biker vs 18 wheeler - road rage back and forth for about 12 miles from Manteca to Modesto... figure waving back and forth... What happened first - who knows... Biker pulls off 99 southbound stops at light at the top of off ramp - 18 wheelers tears up off ramp - smacks biker as he sits at red light - pushes him through intersection and halfway down oppasite on-ramp - bikers leg is ground to the knee - bike is embedded in 18 wheeler bumber grill - bikers survives but looses leg below the knee's ...

Very true story

don't get me wrong - If I were king - I would allow us to just shoot the stupid drivers out there - but is it really worth the end result??

biker above won the road battle??? LOST the War...

to be honest - can't remember how this all played out in court... Went on for some time..

No real winner here and way to many loses - and over what????

I feel for this biker and have seen him at events - in his wheel chair..

I get pissed at stupid drivers - I TRY to think of the above biker when I can and just back off and live to ride another day...

Don't get me wrong - I WANT to shoot the idiots too... Just reached the age now that I let it go..

Last edited by harley0711; 06-03-2009 at 04:20 PM.
Old 06-03-2009 | 04:19 PM
harley0711
Seasoned HDF Member

Just did a search on Google and found this: I believe this is the story I was trying to remember - and look at the out come... Like I said, my memory is not that good - but I do remember the Trucker did something stupid to start it all..

Defense Scientific Evidence Proves Road Rage "Victim" was the Agressor
When a big rig slammed into a motorcycle, causing the motorcyclist to lose his leg, the prosecutor's theme was "road rage." When McAllister proved scientifically that the motorcyclist was the aggressor, the jury acquitted the truck driver of attempted murder and aggravated mayhem and he was released. (See Modesto Bee, November 22, 2001, Trucker Cleared of Two Charges In Road Rage Case)

Old 06-03-2009 | 09:28 PM
cbears
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by harley0711
Just did a search on Google and found this: I believe this is the story I was trying to remember - and look at the out come... Like I said, my memory is not that good - but I do remember the Trucker did something stupid to start it all..

Defense Scientific Evidence Proves Road Rage "Victim" was the Agressor
When a big rig slammed into a motorcycle, causing the motorcyclist to lose his leg, the prosecutor's theme was "road rage." When McAllister proved scientifically that the motorcyclist was the aggressor, the jury acquitted the truck driver of attempted murder and aggravated mayhem and he was released. (See Modesto Bee, November 22, 2001, Trucker Cleared of Two Charges In Road Rage Case)
And what could the "agressor" motorcycle rider possibly have done to the truck driver that warranted the truck driver slamming into him and making him lose his leg????? This is just stupid!

Old 06-03-2009 | 10:25 PM
iclick
Extreme HDF Member

Originally Posted by 65Bowtie
Ever seen what a little bit of porcelin off a used spark plug will do if flicked at a window? Makes it spiderweb break, pretty neat.
A friend used to carry ball bearings in his pocket for this purpose. He reported that they are especially efficient.

Old 06-04-2009 | 09:10 AM
dog155
Extreme HDF Member

It is getting harder every day to avoid road rage incidents.Peoples fuses are getting shorter,who knows why?I passed a slow poke in a right lane because he was in the passing lane and would not pull to the right.Yes, and got the #1 wave.Go figure!

Old 06-04-2009 | 08:50 PM
nick@nite
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by harley0711
Modesto Ca - few years back - biker vs 18 wheeler - road rage back and forth for about 12 miles from Manteca to Modesto... figure waving back and forth... What happened first - who knows... Biker pulls off 99 southbound stops at light at the top of off ramp - 18 wheelers tears up off ramp - smacks biker as he sits at red light - pushes him through intersection and halfway down oppasite on-ramp - bikers leg is ground to the knee - bike is embedded in 18 wheeler bumber grill - bikers survives but looses leg below the knee's ...

Very true story

don't get me wrong - If I were king - I would allow us to just shoot the stupid drivers out there - but is it really worth the end result??

biker above won the road battle??? LOST the War...

to be honest - can't remember how this all played out in court... Went on for some time..

No real winner here and way to many loses - and over what????

I feel for this biker and have seen him at events - in his wheel chair..

I get pissed at stupid drivers - I TRY to think of the above biker when I can and just back off and live to ride another day...

Don't get me wrong - I WANT to shoot the idiots too... Just reached the age now that I let it go..
That would be the last 18 wheeler that guy would ever drive.............period. I hear what your saying but you take my leg I am not letting it slide..........

Old 06-04-2009 | 08:55 PM
nick@nite
Road Warrior

The whack job cagers that bother me the most are the ones who ride up my a*** and then at the stop light they are right on my but. I have a very hard time with anger but I've seen of enough of 4 walls ----but there are so many idiots driving out there.

All my riding buds carry all types of tricks and sticks to get cagers off there a****

Like someone already said we have to ride like they are all out to get us, it was much safer years ago when the public was scared of bikers..........

I have alot of biker wear that says BACK OFF in big bright letters , does it help? yes I belive some cagers get it.

Old 06-04-2009 | 09:12 PM
Tat2dGooch
Outstanding HDF Member

It's a screwed up world we Ride In!