Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

almost let road rage get the best of me

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2009 | 09:20 AM
mca1989
Cruiser

lets not even get started with talking on cell phones or worse texting !!!!!!

Old 06-01-2009 | 09:31 AM
my1sthog
Road Master

Yes, unless you are armed and ready to shoot, you are at a huge disadvantage. You have to wait until the aholes are stuck in traffic to exact your revenge!

Old 06-01-2009 | 09:39 AM
krwould
Club Member
Veteran: Air Force

Try to control my temper anymore have a bad case of it my OL tells me all the time but we had a young girl run a stop sign BS'n on her cell right in front of us then do 20 mph so I busted around her just to see the OL flippin her off in my mirror!!! Hehe!!!!

Old 06-01-2009 | 09:50 AM
Devil Dawg
Intermediate

Hey folks a similar incident happened to me a few weeks ago. I went out on a lazy Sunday afternoon back road ride, and a couple of kids (24-26) in a Beemer ran a stop sign and invaded my lane. This action caused me to immediately go into a grassy ditch (The Bike handles great in this type of surface). Needles to say they ran off, luckily nothing happened, I did not ditch the bike. Unfortunately for the kids they came to a halt at a stop light at about 500ft from the scene. I gathered my thoughts and bolted after them, eventually pulling right up to the driver side.

I calmly place the bike on the stand took my helmet off and smashed the drivers side window. After a few choice words I hopped back on the EGS and continued on my merry way. Then I noticed the young man closely following me, once again at the next stop light he got too close for comfort, and again I place the bike on the stand and after a few choice words he swore that he was only going home. I told him that if I ever see them again I would really kick both their tails.

Yes, my actions were brainless, but the least they could have done was stop to see if I was OK. This lack of consideration disturbed me more than just running me off the road. If they would have done this, his nice blue Beemer would not have a Blemish.

Old 06-01-2009 | 01:11 PM
gdkenoyer
Tourer

On an emotional level I whole-heartedly agree with the "beat the crap out of him" and "smashed the window" reactions.

On a cya level I am amazed that neither of you has been sued for everything you own and your first-born children to boot.

Too many people these days are self-centerd a$$holes, and too many a$$holes are more than happy to sue.

Had either of the cagers in the above examples been litigious, you'd both be totally SOL.

Old 06-01-2009 | 01:16 PM
krwould
Club Member

Originally Posted by gdkenoyer
On an emotional level I whole-heartedly agree with the "beat the crap out of him" and "smashed the window" reactions.

On a cya level I am amazed that neither of you has been sued for everything you own and your first-born children to boot.

Too many people these days are self-centerd a$$holes, and too many a$$holes are more than happy to sue.

Had either of the cagers in the above examples been litigious, you'd both be totally SOL.
Absolutely right!!! They will sue you in a heartbeat!!!

Old 06-01-2009 | 01:17 PM
Unome
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by smokindave
A few years back a friend of mine had the same type of confrontation with a cage driver. He no longer rides as he is in a wheel chair. The driver ran him off the road into a concrete abutment and he broke his back (they never found the guy). And YES, I have also been quilty of road rage doing my share of mayhem but, after my friends accident I don't engage the aholes anymore. The world is growing more idiots every day.
Yes, sir.

And God must really love them because there is a majority of them running around in this world.

Old 06-01-2009 | 01:20 PM
krwould
Club Member

I know this has been covered in many posts before but when you put 800 lbs up against 5000 lbs.... you will lose that battle in a second!!! They drive away and without a witness your family will never know anything!

Old 06-01-2009 | 01:23 PM
RKKY
Outstanding HDF Member

Unfortunately neither a-holes or morons are endangered species these days.

My temper used to (OK... mostly used to) get the better of me and I have smashed a couple windows, dented a few doors and broken a few, well lets just say things. Now days I just assume every cager on the road is out to kill me. So far it's kept me upright and (mostly) out of trouble.

Old 06-01-2009 | 01:25 PM
bigskyhd
Seasoned HDF Member

I hate it when crap like that happens. But you're right. Car vs Bike = Bad scene... You did well to control yourself.

Quick Reply: almost let road rage get the best of me