Notices
Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bub7's gone, Stock is Back on.

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2009, 08:39 PM
rdam
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 36 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by UltraKla$$ic
Get the Supertrapp SE's from Fuel Moto. BEST sounding/performing/looking slip-ons bar none. 3db louder than stock and bark when the wick is twisted.

Those are on my to do list from FuelMoto along with a PCIII. My current mufflers are wearing me out...Too Loud.

Old 05-31-2009, 08:45 PM
Bad Pig
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Crusher
Slip ons.......I think they now make the quiet baffles for the slip ons also but can't find anyone that has tried them.............
I have the Bub 7 true duals....I felt that they were a tad loud. So when I found out about the quiet baffles I ordered them.......BIG DIFFERENCE!!
you should try that route!
I can hear my radio and talk to my passenger now.

Old 05-31-2009, 10:11 PM
rogerfromco
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Bad Pig
I have the Bub 7 true duals....I felt that they were a tad loud. So when I found out about the quiet baffles I ordered them.......BIG DIFFERENCE!!
you should try that route!
I can hear my radio and talk to my passenger now.
Do you need to change the map in your tuner if you change to the quite baffles?

I'm asking because my Bub 7's true duals just came in and I'll get the dealer to put them on, along with the SE air cleaner and SERT in a few weeks when I have some down time. They are going to dyno it then for me too.

Old 05-31-2009, 10:33 PM
Bad Pig
Road Master

Originally Posted by rogerfromco
Do you need to change the map in your tuner if you change to the quite baffles?

I'm asking because my Bub 7's true duals just came in and I'll get the dealer to put them on, along with the SE air cleaner and SERT in a few weeks when I have some down time. They are going to dyno it then for me too.
the only thing the baffles will do is just richen it up a lil. I haven't gone with fuel mangement yet because I haven't changed the AC yet (soon). I'm going to go with a PC-V because all I have to do is call fuel moto when i need to change my map. SERT the dealer has to make the changes and that means $$$. just my .02

Old 05-31-2009, 10:42 PM
rogerfromco
Road Master

Originally Posted by Bad Pig
the only thing the baffles will do is just richen it up a lil. I haven't gone with fuel mangement yet because I haven't changed the AC yet (soon). I'm going to go with a PC-V because all I have to do is call fuel moto when i need to change my map. SERT the dealer has to make the changes and that means $$$. just my .02
Thanks. Not too worried about them being too loud. Last bike had V&H Big Shots that screamed and those didn't bother me. If the radio get drowned out then I may just upgrade the speakers and add an amp, which is on the to-do list anyway.

Thanks for the info on changing the map on the SERT vs PCV. Hadn't thought about that, but bought it as part of my bike deal and it's paid for. Guess I'll live with it for now and if I start doing more engine mods, then I'll look at changing over.

Old 05-31-2009, 11:26 PM
King Crimson
Tourer

Interesting....Bub 7s are only slightly louder than stock. Not as loud as most aftermarket pipes.

Old 06-01-2009, 12:17 AM
Bad Pig
Road Master

Originally Posted by King Crimson
Interesting....Bub 7s are only slightly louder than stock. Not as loud as most aftermarket pipes.
really??.....hmmmmm
your not running the true duals or somethin. alot louder than rhineharts.

Old 06-01-2009, 03:46 AM
65Bowtie
Advanced

Whenever I find some (hopefully second hand) I hope they sounds as good as the reports I have heard. Wanting something unique, at least for now I hear they arn't as tinney as rinehearts.

HMM, decisions decisions. Guess I better get out riding more looking for more rides so I can compare.

Old 06-01-2009, 06:03 AM
Garemlin
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Amazing how exhaust is so subjective. While I don't think the Bub 7's are really loud, they are louder than stock and just a tad less than Rinehart slip-ons. You might want to do the suggestion of trying the quiet baffle. It would be cheaper than losing the money selling them. And you could probably find a used set of baffles if you look hard enough. I see them for sale from time to time.

If not I may be interested if the price is right.

Old 06-01-2009, 06:15 AM
65Bowtie
Advanced

Try calling Bub to see how much the quiet baffles will be, and how long that packing will last. To bad that they will most likely try to explain it in DB which for a sap like me means nothing but it could help you make the best of what you have!

Quick Reply: Bub7's gone, Stock is Back on.