Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Jackpots, What Do You Think?

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2009 | 08:09 AM
dklanecky
Tourer

Originally Posted by atrain68
I recently put the Jackpots on my SG. No way are they as loud as Rienharts. I went from stock to the Jackpots and it is a big improvement. Deep sound but tame at idle and cruise. You get some great sound when you get on it. You do not have to crank your radio to hear either.

Before I bought the Jackpots, a dealer let me take out a used Ultra with some Bub7's. Those were much louder. Too loud for me. I think you will be very happy with the Jackpots. IMO, its as close to a regret free decision you can make.
+1 on the stage one from Jamie with the Jackpots. Just the right increase in sound from stock.

Old 05-31-2009 | 12:20 PM
iclick
Extreme HDF Member

Originally Posted by bigdumbnoitall00
guess im gettin a litttle older to the jackpots are fairly quiet but still a hair louder than i like.bye the way i got the dyno tuned baffle with 1.75 right side baffle.
I now have the 1.75 right-side baffle too. When the bike was stock I had the 2" right-side baffle and it was about right, but when I did a cam upgrade recently the noise level increased, as expected. I ordered the smaller baffle and it is better, but I might still like to have it a bit quieter. My ears are good at the frequencies emitted by the exhaust, bad anything higher like the stereo, so my needs may be exceptional.

Old 05-31-2009 | 06:22 PM
SC_Compact
Road Warrior

I just finished 3 days of riding NW Arkansas => Atlanta (750 miles), Atlanta => Md (675 miles) and Md => Upstate NY (350 miles) all interstate. I wear earplugs mainly to cut down on the wind noise. With earplugs in depending if my feet were on the floorboards or highway pegs I did not hear the exhaust at all or I heard a slight rumble but nothing objectionable.

I have the basic Fuel Moto Stage 1.

Old 05-31-2009 | 06:55 PM
MI_Jim
Cruiser

Here's another +1 on FuelMoto's stage 1 kit with the dyno-tuned Jackpots.

I was looking for something with better than stock performance without a radical increase in noise level and the Jackpots did the trick at at very decent price for the whole package. Yes, at cruising speeds they are louder than stock but I can still hear the radio with no problem. I did have to turn down the sensitivity on my intercom a notch or two, and so did the guy riding next to me. They have a nice "bark" when I twist the throttle but not enough to set off car alarms...so far. My only (very minor) complaint is that the metal work could be better. Maybe just a little polish at the slash cuts before going into the chrome tank.
Overall I'm extremely happy with the Jackpots and the whole package. It's the biggest "bang for the buck" I know of and I would definitely do it again.

BTW, I read in another post that Fuelmoto is moving to a new location right now and that might explain the delay in email responses. My experience with them has been completely positive. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend them to anyone.

Old 05-31-2009 | 07:36 PM
QIKLUV
Tourer

Originally Posted by SC_Compact
I just finished 3 days of riding NW Arkansas => Atlanta (750 miles), Atlanta => Md (675 miles) and Md => Upstate NY (350 miles) all interstate. I wear earplugs mainly to cut down on the wind noise. With earplugs in depending if my feet were on the floorboards or highway pegs I did not hear the exhaust at all or I heard a slight rumble but nothing objectionable.

I have the basic Fuel Moto Stage 1.
DITTO ON THIS STATEMENT

just did over 1000 miles in 3 days
my SG only has the front speakers and my wife could here them just fine....
but i do have the arc audio amp and the 6.5 infinities...who couldn't hear it...

Old 05-31-2009 | 08:46 PM
Taterdog
|
Outstanding HDF Member

Curious. How many wear ear plugs on trips?

Old 05-31-2009 | 09:04 PM
FX4
Outstanding HDF Member

I went from Rineharts to Jackpots. I found the Rineharts way too loud and the Jackpots just about right. The performance is excellent and the sound is perfect IMO. I am the exception as far as problems go with the mufflers. Most people are trouble free but I just can't seem to get it right. Jamie has been very good about working with me and stands behind his product but I'm still having issues. I have had loose baffles and chrome turning color problems. The latest set has turned dark near the collector. I'm hesitant to change the map because the bike is running really well. I run between Florida and Pittsburgh quite a bit and it seems like that trip is when I get them hot enough to turn a little color. In spite of my problems I do recommend them.

I should add that my Problems could be with the PCIII or something else. This bike has always run on the lean side since day one and I had a hell of a time getting it tuned with the Rineharts. Right now it is running well so I'll live with a little color at the collector.

Last edited by FX4; 05-31-2009 at 09:06 PM.
Old 05-31-2009 | 09:41 PM
QIKLUV
Tourer

Originally Posted by Taterdog
Curious. How many wear ear plugs on trips?
i should of taking some with me on the trip this weekend... still think im sitting in one of the sound booths getting my hearing tested lol..the wind noise is what gets ya.

Old 05-31-2009 | 10:50 PM
fuelmoto
Platinum Sponsor

Thank you all for the great comments. Note that we are currently in the middle of moving and we will be closed thursday and friday to move the major stuff. The rest of the week we will open 9:00-5:00 and will be back fully operational on monday june 8th. I will also announce here now as the moment seems right that we will be running a sale on the Jackpot mufflers for the month of June. All Jackpot mufflers will be $269.00 + shipping. This includes the Jackpot Dyno tuned mufflers and the Jackpot Classics with choice of baffles. We can help choose which muffler/baffle is best for your setup and we will continue to stand behind these mufflers 100%, if anyone has any issues whatsoever we will take care of it without question.

Jamie Long / Fuel Moto USA
The USA's Leader V-Twin EFI & Performance www.fuelmotousa.com
Contact 920-423-3309
Email jamie@fuelmotousa.com

Old 05-31-2009 | 11:23 PM
myred55
Road Master

I've had my Jackpots on my bike for about three months now. Purchased them from FuelMoto. 1.75 baffle in the right pipe just wasn't loud enough for me so Jamie sent me a 2.0 baffle and now it's just right!

Attached Thumbnails Jackpots, What Do You Think?-rkonbike.jpg   Jackpots, What Do You Think?-55chevy.jpg  

Quick Reply: Jackpots, What Do You Think?