Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Riding 2-up ? on my e-glide

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2009, 07:43 PM
onthelo
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Riding 2-up ? on my e-glide

Hey friends I wanted to get some opinion and your input on my problem I seem to have when I ride 2 up. Well everytime I ride I find myself hitting the back of my legs on the darn rear floor boards... When I park I have to tell her to get off the bike I put the boards up than park than when I leave I move out flop the boards back down than she can hop on. Any thing I can do to help with this my seat sits me farther back so I do notice that when Im at the light solo riding my legs are right on the side of the rear floorboards where as on my dads bike stock seat 03flht his legs seem to be in front of the boards.. I was thinking maybe I should switch to the sg rear pegs they seem to help with the room.. any thoughts or input thanks so much!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This forum rocks as usuall!

Old 05-30-2009, 07:57 PM
pastorralph
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You gonna tick "her" off if you go to pegs for the passenger. Dunno why your legs hit. How tall are you? If you're trying to back up with the passenger boards down, don't. Dropped my bike that way twice (I'm a slow learner). Get some extenders for the front boards from soos or harleygoodies or somebody. Soos may chime in here with some help.

Old 05-30-2009, 08:00 PM
bigdumbnoitall00
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 669 Likes on 533 Posts

90% of the time im 2 up and ive gotten used to it by the looks of your seat stitting u way back and down is making it worse. she will not be a happy camper if u put her on the pegs unless its short rides only.

Old 05-30-2009, 08:38 PM
cruise_carter
Road Captain
Received 39 Likes on 13 Posts

Keep doing what you're doing, let her get off, flip up the boards and park.
Don't get her pegs, she won't be happy and if she is not happy, you life is going to be gruesome...

I have the Kuryakyn adjustable passenger pegs along with the boards for my better half, sometimes I feel the pegs in the back of my calfs, living with it to keep my better half happy...she's worth it

Old 05-30-2009, 08:57 PM
Mr Cujo
Road Master

Keep doing what you're doing, let her get off, flip up the boards and park.
Don't get her pegs, she won't be happy and if she is not happy, you life is going to be gruesome...
Yeah...what he said...

Old 05-30-2009, 09:10 PM
Standard
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Same deal here. My Bride-2-be lifts the passenger floorboard with her feet when I back us up. I have cured the problem of hitting on a stop by using the rear brake and stopping the bike without "walking" the bike. On start ups, I quickly pick up both feet. My lazy poor habits are quickly pointed out by bruises to the back of the calves.

Old 05-30-2009, 09:11 PM
onthelo
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

yeah its the dang custom seat I sit way low and to the rear wich puts my legs right over the rear boards. Im 5'9 long legs Im flat footed at the light with her on the back. I guess it will just take some more getting used to I like the look of the board instead of pegs anyway.

Old 05-31-2009, 08:08 PM
gunner11
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I back mine up with the wife on the back. I just start with my legs out front a little further, take small slow moves and back it in. I've hit my legs on take off before, but also learned not to be lazy and get the feet up quick. I do a lot of squats to keep my legs strong.

Old 05-31-2009, 08:15 PM
Bikerdad61
Tourer

Originally Posted by Mr Cujo
Yeah...what he said...
+2 I have to do the same thing. Wife gets off, flip up the boards and back up. Just the way it is bruises and all.

Old 05-31-2009, 08:18 PM
ranger56528
Extreme HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Never had a problem with that,my wife stays on till Iam parked where I want to park..

Quick Reply: Riding 2-up ? on my e-glide