Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

accessory plug

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2009, 06:51 PM
jackinthebox
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default accessory plug

Im trying to wire my amp to the accessory switch so I can turn it on and off. I found the plug with the big rubber boot that I believe is it. My question is the some kind of adapter I have to buy to wire to it. I just need to connect one wire to it.
Thannks.

Old 05-30-2009, 07:15 PM
MickeyB
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you want the plug, I used HD p/n 91843-97 Supplemental 12v power point in the '09 Harley catalog page 479. I used this to power my GPS. It is basically the deutsch plug with the wire leads and a cigarette lighter socket. You can do away with the cigarette lighter socket and just use the deutsch plug and wire lead. Kinda expensive though at 19.95!

Mike

Old 05-30-2009, 07:24 PM
Harleypingman
Extreme HDF Member
Received 44 Likes on 40 Posts

There isn't an "adapter" per se. You need the male Deutsch DT four-wire connector and a "socket" (for your wire end) to go into the connector so the connector will mate with the accessory connector ("plug"). The HD accessory mentioned in the previous post has the connector and socket already assembled.

You aren't going to wire the amp's main power to that accessory connector are you? High amperage accessories (such as fog lamps, etc.) are wired directly to the battery with that circuit controlled by a relay that is controlled by a lower amperage switch (in this case the accessory switch).

Old 05-30-2009, 07:33 PM
onthelo
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you dont want to use that adapter plug/fitting you could just t-tap the wire although i would use the connector to keep the wires clean.

Old 05-30-2009, 11:24 PM
jackinthebox
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Harleypingman
There isn't an "adapter" per se. You need the male Deutsch DT four-wire connector and a "socket" (for your wire end) to go into the connector so the connector will mate with the accessory connector ("plug"). The HD accessory mentioned in the previous post has the connector and socket already assembled.

You aren't going to wire the amp's main power to that accessory connector are you? High amperage accessories (such as fog lamps, etc.) are wired directly to the battery with that circuit controlled by a relay that is controlled by a lower amperage switch (in this case the accessory switch).
No am wiring the man power to battery just need the switch on to the accessory.
So the part # listed above will work or do I need something else.
Thanks