Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Monster ovals, PCV and SE Ventalator

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2009, 11:01 PM
davewear
Road Warrior
Received 197 Likes on 135 Posts
Default Monster ovals, PCV and SE Ventalator

todave i did my first service, amsoil 20w50 in all holes. put on monster ovals, screamin eagle ventalator ac and a pcv mapped for above from fuel moto. took about 5 hours to do it.

all the installs went well, no problems. the monster ovals are awesome, look great and sound perfect, exactly what i was looking for.....deep not too loud.

the bike runs great, pulls stronger no popping or backfiring. it takes much longer to activate the heat management system but..... now when it does, it stalls as soon as i apply throttle, perhaps an indication that the map from fuel moto isn't perfect? i had planned to not bother with dyno tuning if everything felt perfect but i guess i'm gonna have it tuned.

any way here's some pix....

oh ya, well i was there i put some silcone in the front swing arm hole and drilled out a hole in the guard to allow moister to escape. i do ride in the rain and there was rust showing already.....

Attached Thumbnails Monster ovals, PCV and SE Ventalator-dsc02654-comp.jpg   Monster ovals, PCV and SE Ventalator-dsc02655-comp.jpg   Monster ovals, PCV and SE Ventalator-dsc02658-comp.jpg   Monster ovals, PCV and SE Ventalator-dsc02659-comp.jpg   Monster ovals, PCV and SE Ventalator-dsc02664-comp.jpg  

Last edited by davewear; 05-29-2009 at 11:34 PM.
Old 05-29-2009, 11:15 PM
RBFB
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a PCV and map from FM, I noticed mine has a hesitation when you take off while it is in the one cylinder mode. I also have the auto tune module and it works great. I believe the hesitation or stalling that you are feeling is something to do with the PCV, I had a fuel moto map which I was happy with, but the auto tune tweaked it in even better.

I wouldn't bother doing a dyno tune and I am pretty sure it won't do anything for the stalling when in cylinder deactivation mode. Perhaps there will be a update to the firmware of the PCV to help this problem. I haven't talked to Fuel Moto about it, I can use it, but I don't like the way it hesitates. It didn't do that before the PCV.

Old 05-29-2009, 11:16 PM
RBFB
Intermediate

Also I was reading on another post about setting the minimum throttle setting on the PCV, I did that tonight, so possibly that might help the problem.

Old 05-29-2009, 11:27 PM
davewear
Road Warrior

interesting, i still think i'll do the dyno tune. i'd like to see how the fuel moto map does compared to a tune.....

Old 05-31-2009, 01:54 AM
davewear
Road Warrior

did adjusting the min throttle settings help at all?

Old 05-31-2009, 08:11 AM
RBFB
Intermediate

I haven't been out riding yet, the only issue I had was it hesitated when coming out of the once one cylinder mode.

Old 05-31-2009, 12:19 PM
davewear
Road Warrior

ah ok, mine is worse than that, the bike dies when giving throttle in heat management mode. i've turned it off for now but i'll give jamie a call on monday to hear what he says.

Old 08-09-2009, 06:03 AM
bpez317
Cruiser

Any updates on this? What fixed it? I'm having the same problem. Going to check the throttle setting today.
Thanks for any help!

Old 08-09-2009, 07:32 AM
lp
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 2,843 Likes on 1,599 Posts

Originally Posted by bpez317
Any updates on this? What fixed it? I'm having the same problem. Going to check the throttle setting today.
Thanks for any help!
Mine does the same thing. PCV, A/C, and a D&D Boss Fatcat. Goes into Heat management and when you twist the throttle, the bike dies or nearly dies. Has got to be something to do with the PCV although I do not believe it has anything to do with the tune or map settings.

So I tried to set the throttle (out of curiosity) and found that I cannot adjust anything while the bike is not running. So the bike needs to be running which means there is no way to get the upper throttle measurement unless you turn your throttle all the way and then your bike is doing 7000 RPM.

I'm too stupid to figure it out so I left it alone.

lp

Old 08-09-2009, 07:55 AM
helikenny
Advanced

Dave,
This is a PCV issue dealing with the settings the ECM provides for the heat management mode.....and coming out of it. It is common to sputter and hesitate, athough you prolly have one of the more tempermental ones. You'll notice if you disconnect the PCV the problem is gone. I suspect Jamie is on it.

Kenny

Quick Reply: Monster ovals, PCV and SE Ventalator