Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Newest Addition to My '07 UltraClassic

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2009, 03:28 PM
paco ritter
Cruiser
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

SSJ, here are some pics of the stripes on my bike. Excuse the bugs, they were collected over the weekend on my trip and my butt was dragging too much to worry about a clean up job when we got in yesterday afternoon. I'll give it a going over one afternoon this week....

The "tribal" design doesn't exactly go with the flame outlined pinstripes on the rest of the bike, but that's what Mama liked, so that's what we put on the front of the batwing. The rest is simply an outline of a flame design. Not too much so as to overload the bike with pinstripes, but I think just enough to accent it without going overboard. My matching trailer has the same flame outline design done on it with like colored pin stripe tape I got locally. I don't claim to be nearly as good as Joey, but I do work much cheaper!!!! besides, I had a 100ft roll of striping tape and only needed about 20ft, so I had lots of extra to practice with !!!

The striper, Joey Hudson, West Monroe, Louisiana, did it at the Hot Springs, Arkansas HOG rally in 2007. He chose the coloring, which matches the factory coloring of the striping that was already on the bike. He does GOOD work, not cheap, but very good.

It has been on there for almost 2 years now, not a hint of peeling or flaking, and it's not clear coated over like some told me it needed to be. I usually keep my bike looking clean and good with a product called Cajun Shine All also purchased a few years before at the same HOG rally. Maybe that helps keep it all in good shape. Works for me...PACO

Attached Thumbnails Newest Addition to My '07 UltraClassic-cimg4459-1408-x-1056-.jpg   Newest Addition to My '07 UltraClassic-cimg4460-600-x-450-.jpg  
Old 06-01-2009, 03:32 PM
paco ritter
Cruiser
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

hfdarson1, here is where I got my hitch. I prefer it over other versions I have seen out there offered for the UltraClassic. It fits well, chrome is very nice, and it works as designed, so it really don't get much better than that. Besides, I think it looks very nice...

www.n-line.com

PACO

Old 06-01-2009, 03:39 PM
SSJ
Road Captain
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Thanks Paco for the pics looks good might have to do something like that to mine.

Hate the bugs and the rain I just got back from a 1700 mile trip in Bossier/Shreveport and San Antonio, Wichita Falls area takes me all day to clean it up.

Happy Trails

Old 06-01-2009, 03:45 PM
themensh
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 56 Likes on 43 Posts

Bolt a tombstone tail light to the cooler.