Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Newest Addition to My '07 UltraClassic

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2009, 10:07 PM
lp
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 2,834 Likes on 1,595 Posts

THAT...is one of the most unique, original, and useful mods I have seen on here. Well done. Thats very cool.

lp

Old 05-29-2009, 10:11 PM
cujo101
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sounds like you could sell these things, Painted to match the bike some LED's....Hell harley would sell it for $349.99. Better patent it now.

Old 05-29-2009, 10:20 PM
ATC2
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Now that's COOL...!

Old 05-29-2009, 10:53 PM
TheShrink
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I've had this idea on my short list for a while. Just haven't gotten around to it like you did. Throw some LED's on it with a trailer hitch plug, powder coat it to match the bike and you're done.

I'm also going to make something to hold two full size flags that will fit into the receiver, for parade rides. Of course, when I get a round to it.

Old 05-29-2009, 11:20 PM
goodbirds
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 25 Likes on 20 Posts
Lightbulb

Nice job. I'm wondering if the exhaust might compromise the cooler a bit though.

Old 05-30-2009, 06:41 AM
paco ritter
Cruiser
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Smile

not sure if the exhaust is going to damage the cooler, like I said, I'll know more after today. The pipes don't actually aim directly at the cooler, but no doubt, there will be some heat hit it because of the location. I have a couple of pieces of polished aluminum tread plate left over, I could go make some shields for it quickly and rivet them in place, that would probably take care of any heating problems. Next version could be raised up a couple of inches and that would probably work as well. Only thing, the higher you raise it, the more rear view you block on the bike. A flat topped cooler mounted elongated rather than cross way on the bike might be a better idea, but I didn't have that size and shape cooler on hand last night a 6m when I started this project. Like I said at first, it was all thrown together in a little over an hour out of parts I had piled around in my shop from various other project over the past years. Just enough to do what you see, so another version would require buying parts and possibly more thought before cutting and welding it all up. If it works out today, I've scored big, if not, I've destroyed a 20 year old Igloo !!!! PACO

Old 05-30-2009, 07:58 AM
Skulmn
Road Master

Originally Posted by cujo101
I didn't know the Beverly Hillbillies had an ultra! Just kidding looks like it will work great.
You should talk, "Southern Ohio"....................Just kidding......

Old 05-31-2009, 01:40 PM
paco ritter
Cruiser

Me and MaMa just rolled in from a great weekend of touring the Ozarks on our Ultra. Did the "Peak to Peak" run from Queen Wilhelmina State Park (2nd highest point in Arkansas)over to Mt. Magazine State Park (Highest point in Arkansas) Turned out to be about a 500 mile weekend. Weather was just gorgeous. When it was brought to my attention the the exhaust might interfere with the cooler, I got up Saturday AM and did a quick modification to the "cooler carrier" I built Friday night. I added "side boards" to deflect any heat or exhaust that would be directed at the cooler. Some exhaust would have hit the cooler as witnessed by the soot on the polished aluminum side boards I put on the carrier. I don't know if it would have made any difference, but was no biggie to modify it with the scrap left over pieces of aluminum tread plate used for the bottom. I had lots of lookers at my cooler carrier. People asked lots of questions about it. Not at hard thing to do, if you have the time, the skills, and the tools to whoop it out !!!!

He's a couple of pics off the balcony of my room at the Lodge at Mt. Magazine. Great place to stay...PACO

Attached Thumbnails Newest Addition to My '07 UltraClassic-cimg4453-1408-x-1056-.jpg   Newest Addition to My '07 UltraClassic-cimg4429-1408-x-1056-.jpg   Newest Addition to My '07 UltraClassic-cimg4445-600-x-450-.jpg  
Old 05-31-2009, 06:52 PM
paco ritter
Cruiser
Smile

SHRINK, I know what you are talking about...those "round tuit's" are very hard to come by often times. Ya just gotta back your ears and get after it. Like I always say, "if you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you always got"....PACO

Old 06-01-2009, 07:55 AM
Our07Ultra
Road Warrior

Thats awesome!! Let us know how it worked out on the weekender trip

Quick Reply: Newest Addition to My '07 UltraClassic