Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

07 Road King won't start

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2009, 06:40 PM
Road Toad
Road Warrior
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Could be what happened to my 07 Ultra once. Parked it at a truck stop, and when I came out, no start. Every thing fine but no click or anything. Lucky I had the manual. Picked up some electric micro wave thingy that pushing the bike about 20' cured. Weird deal. Just parked it in the wrong spot I guess.
Could be a battery dead in the key fob too. I also carry an extra battery for that.

Old 05-30-2009, 09:47 PM
Rolly1
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for all the ideas and will definately keep this for reference in the future but it ended up being something very simple and really embarassing for him.

Like I said in the beginning I was the last to ride it. I always leave it in gear when I park my bike......he does not. He walks over to bike turns the key on, flips the kill switch and then hits the starter. He never starts the bike sitting on it so doesn't pull the clutch in and doesn't think to make sure it's in neutral. Being he doesn't ride much he just thinks battery is dead.

Well the bike is at my house now along side my Heritage where it will get ridden.

Thanks again guys for all the suggestions.

Old 08-16-2010, 09:33 PM
dinkster07
Stage I
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

2006 Road King Classic...this was my problem...thanks for the advice. Pushed up on the chrome piece and then pushed up on the fuel line before letting the chrome piece snap back in place....bike started right up after that. It must come lose there and suck air instead of gas because I never touched the thing.