Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hogtunes question

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2006 | 07:27 AM
bubbas1
|
Road Captain
Default Hogtunes question

I would have asked this question to Pez but I figure they are closed for the weekend so I will ask here. I ordered the front 2 speakers for my 05 EG and when I went to install them there were 4 rubber rings/gaskets (about the size of the speaker). Where do they go? I looked around but couldnt find where they went. The directions didnt say either.I am figuring they may be for a ultra or something. Anyone here know?

Now for the rest of the story... These speakers absolutley rock. I ordered on a Fri (they were shipped the same day I ordered) and they were delivered on Thurs. Thats pretty good considering they came out of Canada. Its been raining here every day here and Thurs was no exception. I got home and the Fed Ex guy had just left them on my deck in the rain. I was about to get pissed until I saw how they were packaged. Pez did a great job of having the package sealed and wrapped up tight up so the box was still bone dry. It took about 30 minutes to install. I turned them on and was impressed. The sound puts the stock speakers to shame.(Anyone want to buy some stock speakers cheap?) This was by far the best upgrade for the money I have made on the bike.

Old 05-14-2006 | 08:41 AM
hoodz
Cruiser
Default RE: Hogtunes question

how much for a set of front speakers?

Old 05-14-2006 | 09:55 AM
HD Renegade
Road Warrior

The rubber gaskets do not get used. I am sure PEZ will jump in here at some point to tell why. He is normally on and off the forum.

Bob

Old 05-14-2006 | 10:09 AM
Thundercloud
Road Master

Mine had them too, and Pez told me that they were for installing the rear speakers on an Ultra

Old 05-14-2006 | 10:26 AM
PEZ
Tourer

YUP

They are for rears on 06 bikes only--factory put them in all speaker models by accident. HD has changed the rear speakers pods SLIGHTLY again--at least the set I bought to model our rear speaker boxes on. This made it so on 06 rears, our magnets were REAL close to hitting the back wall. I figure it gets hot enough in places like Phoenix, that the plastic boxes may warp abit, so if need be, the gaskets are there to "shim" the speaker--only if need be.

Hoodz. If you use www.hogtunes.com/membersdealpage.htm you get a 10% discount for being a forum member, bringing the delivered price to $107.45

Hope this helps (EH)---PEZ

Old 05-18-2006 | 11:18 AM
USN_FLHTCI
Intermediate

I've just bought my first touring bike from Harley its an '06 EG Classic and I'm wondering how hard is it to install these Hogtunes Speakers. I've read nothing but good things about them so far. Can anybody let me know just how good they really are?

Thanks,

Shane

Old 05-18-2006 | 12:47 PM
Kess
Outstanding HDF Member

YOu have to remove your wing but there are good directions for that in the DIY section - Installing them is a breeze maybe even a cool breeze - On a scale of one to ten, these go to 11!