Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Skull Collection

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2006, 07:23 AM
Warpig
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Skull Collection

Hello Everyone,

I was thinking about starting the Skull collection on my 2004 Road King Classic, however the parts guy at the local dealer is telling me i will never get my money out of it because its the skulls. He is telling me that the skulls dont resell well. Have any of you heard such a thing? I just got this bike and just getting back into the Harley seen, are there many bikes with the Skull collection?

Thanks
WarPiG

Old 05-14-2006, 07:28 AM
geno3j
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Skull Collection

I know I wouldn't buy it with all the Skulls, and yes Skulls seem more popular now than ever, Seems almost every paint job anymore is skull or flame based. Maybe thats why I don't have a coustom paint job. Been trying to think or a cool tribal or some other artwork. Just MHO hope it helps

Old 05-14-2006, 09:27 AM
JBBOOKS
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Frankly, you hardly ever get your money out of any mod you do. I think they figure blue book price for the bike plus 10% of mods for a starting price.

It's your bike - do what the heck you want to it. If you sell it, and the new owner doesn't like skulls, take them all off and put them on your next ride.

Old 05-14-2006, 10:48 AM
maineultraclassic
Elite HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I have the full HD Skull collection on my '05 Ultra Classic..........there are only 1-2 parts that I don't have and that is because I don't like how they look. I've even made a few "custom" parts with HD stuff that they didn't make at the time.

It's all personnal preference as to how you do up your ride. If you do sell the bike later on, and the new buyer doesn't want skulls.........take them off and put the stock stuff back on.

Different collections are not going to add to the resale value of the bike. I look at accessories as a loss when I go to sell a bike, and that is why I usually remove them all and put the bike back to stock before selling. Then either put the accessories on your new bike or sell them on Ebay.

Don't listen to some idiot parts counter guy...............if you like skulls, then go for it. If you like flames, go for them.

Steve

Old 05-14-2006, 10:48 AM
bountyhunter
Banned

Put em' on if ya like them. Screw the parts guy! Nothing more boring than a totally stock bike. I have seen bikes with the FULL skull collection and they look good.

Old 05-14-2006, 11:14 AM
jdag
Tourer

Defnitely keep the stock parts around. If/when you sell the bike, revert to stock. On a personal sale, the buyer might pay a small premium for bolt-ons. In a dealer trade you won't get any extra for bolt-ons. But there is always eBay or this forum to list used parts.

Old 05-14-2006, 11:27 AM
carsoni
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

when I bought my 06 RK the salesman tried to sell me on the stealth theme, I looked around and got some skull stuff, I like the way it looks on a black bike, especially the derby cover. get what you like. you never make any money on reselling chrome

Old 05-14-2006, 12:05 PM
norton
Road Captain
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Personally I like stock. I think all the Harley "collections" are a waste of money and make most bikes look gaudy. If it wasn't already chrome it might be different.

Old 05-14-2006, 12:09 PM
springerGT
Road Master

If you like it put them on and enjoy. I don't know about you but I didn't by my bike to please anyone else. Thats why they are so great to have.

Old 05-14-2006, 12:11 PM
Bryan TTM
Banned
Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

i dont care for skulls myself...others do tho

Quick Reply: Skull Collection