Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Kuryakyn Adjustable Passenger Pegs Gap

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2009, 10:26 AM
Computron
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Kuryakyn Adjustable Passenger Pegs Gap

I purchased some Kuryakyn Passenger Pegs in May of 06 (KU7926) for my 2006 FLHTCU. When I installed them, the base and upper mounts closed firmly around the stock black passenger footboard mounts when tightened. I just recently upgraded to a 2009 FLHTCU. The passenger footboard mounts were different and the KU7926 pegs would not fit correctly. I was told by Kuryakyn that if I purchased their chrome passenger footboard mounts for my 09, that the KU7926's would fit. I purchased these and installed them. I then tried to install the KU7926's around them and noticed there was a gap about 1/8". I called them, and was told that the gap was acceptible and was normal due to various chroming techniques. I was leary but bought it. I then tightened them down only to have the side of the mount with the larger 5/16" bolt break off! I called them and they told me they would send a replacement for free. I didn't really believe this would resolve the issue, but thought that perhaps the new base might be deeper and fit correctly so the base and upper were snug and tightened around the floorboard mount correctly. I received the new base and the gap was the same. I called them and explained that I was hesitant to tighten this one down only to have another break. I was given the correct torque specs which were only 4lbs lighter than I originally used. I am at the point where I feel that I don't want to use these with this gap in fear that one may break going down the highway and possible disrupt my wife or have it fall into other vehicles. Does anyone else use the chrome passenger footboard mount with the KU7926 passenger pegs that can verify if there is a 1/8" gap or not? My apologies for being so wordy.

Old 05-29-2009, 11:29 AM
garyhendley
Outstanding HDF Member

i had the same problem they will not fit the chromed mounts only fit stock black harley

stock mounts so i sold them-ride safe

Old 05-29-2009, 11:34 AM
VTwin-Goodies
Sponsor
Received 1,949 Likes on 1,933 Posts

Get the Harley Goodies chrome extensions and chrome floorboard brackets. Money back guarantee. Free shipping. Read our reviews. Feel free to PM us with questions.

Old 05-29-2009, 01:28 PM
RK2009
Stage I

I have the 7926 on my 09 RK. Using the chrome HD floorboard mounts there is no gap that you describe. Have some problems after 1100 miles the plastic around the locking pin is cracking and breaking away as well as the plastic bumber that locates on the footboard mount is cracking as well. Have emailed Kuryakyn to see about them replacing these items. Will update you with there response.

Old 05-29-2009, 02:39 PM
Deepsouth251
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You needed the kuryakyn part no. 4571 adjustable passenger peg kit for the 09 touring. The one you have is for 06 and earlier. I know, I took the ones off my 06 RK, tried to put them on the 09, did not fit properly, took them off sold them on HD Forum, ordered the 4571 and they fit perfectly. There is more of an angle to the stock bracket and the one for the prior year will fit but with a gap and will not stay tight or will break when you try to tighten it to what you consider will be enough.

Last edited by Deepsouth251; 05-29-2009 at 02:58 PM.
Old 05-29-2009, 03:20 PM
Deepsouth251
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I checked the kuryakyn website again and it is possible to order the 4536 chrome footboard bracket which will allow the 7926 to be used on the replacement bracket but it costs $124.99. Like I said I sold my 7926 on this forum for something like $100 and ordered the 4571 thru Eastern performance for a 20% disc and no shipping, so this was a cheaper route for me to go and got new everthing out of the deal.

Old 06-08-2009, 08:56 PM
Computron
Intermediate

Thanks garyhendley, It's hard to believe for this kind of money, this wouldn't fit better, especially considering the catalog states it does.

Thanks HarleyGoodies, I will check that out.

Thanks RK2009. Strange that works for you. After dealing with Kuryakyn on the phone a number of times, they may have had a change on the 7926's depending on when purchased. I had to send pictures to them at which point they told me the gap was acceptible. I asked them if the new style passenger pegs fit the chrome board mounts better, but they wouldn't check that for me. It sounded fishy to me.

Deepsouth251, I purchased the 7926's in 06. I was trying to get it to fit now, and I did purchase the 4536 chrome floorboard mount. This gap exists with this configuration. I just can't believe for the money that this is the best Kuryakyn can do for customer service.

I am at the point where I don't want to install the passenger pegs (7926)on the chrome floormount (4536) now because I am just sure another of the bottom brackets will break due to the excessive gap. I don't think they will continue to send new ones. What I am really worried about though is a bracket breaking with some kind of weight or pressure by the passenger and having the assembly fall off and scare the hell out of my passenger or damage to another vehicle on the highway. I think I will be sending the 4536's back as I am unsatisfied with this arrangement. If I want them bad enough, I will probably have to order the 4570's and hope they fit better.

Thanks to all for responding

Old 03-30-2014, 09:23 PM
Ctloftin
Stage II
Default Kuryakyn adjustable peg mounts

I have a 2013 SG and just recently put cycle banana boards on my bike, and being a touch OCD everything has to match so I purchased I set of matching foots pegs and realized they will not work on stock harley passenger peg mounts. I done some research and discovered the kuryakyn adjustable passenger peg mount ordered them, put them on looked great problem solved, wrong! Me and the wife took a day ride and my bike vibrated and knocked every time I hit the brakes, after hrs of searching I discovered the new peg mounts are hitting my primary when I apply my rear brake or hit a bump has anyone had this issue

Old 03-30-2014, 09:25 PM
Ctloftin
Stage II
Default Kuryakyn adjustable peg mounts

I have a 2013 SG and just recently put cycle smith banana boards on my bike, and being a touch OCD everything has to match so I purchased I set of matching foots pegs and realized they will not work on stock harley passenger peg mounts. I done some research and discovered the kuryakyn adjustable passenger peg mount ordered them, put them on looked great problem solved, wrong! Me and the wife took a day ride and my bike vibrated and knocked every time I hit the brakes, after hrs of searching I discovered the new peg mounts are hitting my primary when I apply my rear brake or hit a bump has anyone had this issue

Old 03-30-2014, 09:39 PM
dirtdobber
Elite HDF Member
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

The 06 models are different than the 09 and the 09 is different than the 12.
I have a CVO street glide and bough a hd kit to go to chrome mount and floorboard then added the kuryakyn passenger cruise pegs. It fit perfect. Don't remember which one I got but I can check to see if the box is still in the shop.