Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Big Purple Flake Ultra

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2009, 08:22 PM
emwolb
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

i saw one recently in tulsa at one of the dealers, it was the two tone big purple flake and a blue big flake. looked great, although sorta had the carnival look to it, in my opinion.

Old 05-28-2009, 09:03 PM
cdestuck
Supporter
Veteran: Marine Corp
Received 216 Likes on 102 Posts

Saw a Heritage in that color at Zepka HD, Johnstown. Pa

Old 05-28-2009, 09:09 PM
07yellowglide
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

the flake is huge in the paint..........I like it and have seen it in the sun and it is gorgous

Old 05-28-2009, 10:00 PM
Da Butcher
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Go for it! It's an awesome color that gets better the more light sources you see it in. We recently bought a Street Glide for my girl in the purple flake and I love just as much if not more than she does! In a good way it's a weird color. When we're out at night perhaps under gas station lights or out for ice cream under the newer parking lot lights, the bike looses its purple hue and really shows off its deep blue side. And I do mean DEEP blue flake.
And yes, I have seen the Ultra in the same color. The two-tone patterns are slightly different, but man is it cool. Actually kicking myself for the other two I bought because although I knew it would look pretty cool, I had no idea how sweet it is.
The only thing we don't like about the FLHX in this color is that Harley did NOT spray the bike the way it is shown on their website. On Harley's website the saddlebag lids are solid purple and the bag latches are color-matched just like any other Street Glide. However, the bag latches come chrome and the lids have a wide silver strip in the center like an Electra Glide Classic or Ultra. Also, the silver on the batwing fairing comes way down almost to the headlight as opposed to about half that on Harley's website. Very minor issues of course, but the whole idea with the Street Glide is that monochrome paint theme and it strays a bit from that signature feature. Would we buy it again? Hell yes! We also have the color-matched inner fairing on order (should be here soon) along with the chrome mirror covers for the OE mirrors and the chrome trim for the gauges & such. That inner fairing should really pop when it's all done with the other stuff on it. Later, much later ($$), we'll get her a TourPak to match in a solo position. She is completely hooked on this bike.
Typical of most Harley colors, the paint looks way better in person and even more so with the purple flake. If you even think you like purple, you'll LOVE this version, it's not that pimp looking color they had a few years back, this is REAL deep purple.
Don't know if it would help, but I have a couple pics of her bike and one of the pics is up close of the fender because I was showing photos of tire differences between her bike and mine. Let me know and I'll post them. Good luck!

Old 05-28-2009, 10:42 PM
Navy Chief
Cruiser

Da butcher if you can please post those pics.

Old 05-28-2009, 11:32 PM
cbears
Road Warrior

Same story here but with the Root Beer color. I actually wanted the dark blue pearl. You see which one we got.

Old 05-29-2009, 06:37 AM
BigGdawg
Club Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I saw a Heritage Softail in Big Purple Flake and silver two tone - not as impressed as the Rootbeer two tone. My usual color is black, so the colors don't attract me that much although I do like orange. YMMV

Old 05-30-2009, 08:53 PM
Da Butcher
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Navy Chief
Da butcher if you can please post those pics.
Navy Chief, pardon the delay, the pics were actually on my girl's computer and I needed to get them to mine so I could post. I hope these will help. PM me if you a better pic if you're looking for a certain feature or angle and I'll do what I can. Now, let's see if I post these correctly. All thumbs here, thumbs away.....

Ok, I think I got it right. Not sure how big they'll show up, but like I said, I can have her shoot a couple more pics if need be.

Hope it helps.

Attached Thumbnails Big Purple Flake Ultra-dsc02848.jpg   Big Purple Flake Ultra-dsc02845.jpg   Big Purple Flake Ultra-dsc02847.jpg  

Last edited by Da Butcher; 10-01-2009 at 01:22 PM.
Old 05-30-2009, 08:59 PM
UltraBrian
Road Warrior

Personally speaking, I like purple. Haven't seen the Big Purple Flake for the 09's yet, but if it's anything like my Purple Haze Ultra, it's bound to look good.

Get lots of attention.