Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

69th Sturgis Rally...who's going?

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2009, 08:17 PM
Dr.Hess
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 2,917 Likes on 1,430 Posts

Hey SpiderPig,
Look for me at Hog Heaven. I'll be wearing bluejeans, a black T shirt, engineer boots and I'm riding a black Harley with chrome.

Old 05-27-2009, 08:43 PM
burnafatty
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I will be there, would not miss the part at the chip!

Old 05-27-2009, 09:01 PM
gregorysfd
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yes we are , leaving on the 25th of July , but we are bring them in my trailer , heading out 50 to 70 I think , keeping touch maybe we can get together somewhere out there or on the way out. It is 1800 miles from here and we are going out to ride while we are there. We are staying near Rapid City

Old 05-27-2009, 09:07 PM
REED
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default sTURGIS

i AM GOING TO STURGIS THIS YEAR holidays from July 30 to Aug 10 should be there on Aug 1 for 4 days. Staying at the Days INN campground area, I hope the facilities are adequate for an old man. lol REED

Old 05-27-2009, 10:33 PM
d2jlking
Tourer

Originally Posted by Fast FLHX
Going to try to make it there around the 2nd, all depends on my flight out of Kuwait.

Staying at mountrushnomore campground.
Hey bro. Curious about your performance. Do you have hp and torque numbers for that setup?

S

Old 05-27-2009, 11:11 PM
bunotz
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Leaving Las Vegas on 27 July, taking the shortest route there and the long way home, staying in Custer SD.

Old 05-28-2009, 12:18 AM
monstead
Club Member
Location: Dallas, TX & Santa Fe, NM when I can find the time....
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by MyBluOx
I don't understand why you're shipping your bike back. Santa Fe is only a 12 hr ride from sturgis.
Does this mean I only get 1/2 the "I rode mine" patch?

Anyway, to answer your question, 2 of the people I'm riding with (& myself) are from Dallas and they can't take anymore time off. I'm actually sending my bike back to Santa Fe since I'll be there through Sept. My brother is riding back to SF, but isn't doing the Sturgis part, so going back w/ him is out of the question. Leaving from Sturgis and going straight down to Dallas shows on Google maps to be an 18 - 20 hour drive through SD, NE, KS and OK superslab (Zzzzzzzz!) Neither I, nor the other gal is willing to gut that out in 2 days. Call me a wimp! But hey...I'm pretty proud of the 1600 miles I'll be putting on the bike on the way up, not to mention how many miles of riding we'll do once we get there! Esp since I've only been riding since Sept.

BTW, I'm not willing to do it alone either.

Old 05-28-2009, 03:20 AM
Fast FLHX
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by d2jlking
Hey bro. Curious about your performance. Do you have hp and torque numbers for that setup?

S
No numbers yet, should have the bike on the dyno in the next week or two.

My brother-in-law is putting the break in miles on it.

Old 05-28-2009, 10:15 AM
MyBluOx
Tourer

Originally Posted by monstead
Does this mean I only get 1/2 the "I rode mine" patch?

Anyway, to answer your question, 2 of the people I'm riding with (& myself) are from Dallas and they can't take anymore time off. I'm actually sending my bike back to Santa Fe since I'll be there through Sept. My brother is riding back to SF, but isn't doing the Sturgis part, so going back w/ him is out of the question. Leaving from Sturgis and going straight down to Dallas shows on Google maps to be an 18 - 20 hour drive through SD, NE, KS and OK superslab (Zzzzzzzz!) Neither I, nor the other gal is willing to gut that out in 2 days. Call me a wimp! But hey...I'm pretty proud of the 1600 miles I'll be putting on the bike on the way up, not to mention how many miles of riding we'll do once we get there! Esp since I've only been riding since Sept.

BTW, I'm not willing to do it alone either.
Just wondering.

As to the patch. I guess you can have 1 made that just say's "Rode" on it. LOL

Old 05-28-2009, 11:05 AM
monstead
Club Member
Location: Dallas, TX & Santa Fe, NM when I can find the time....
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by MyBluOx
Just wondering.

As to the patch. I guess you can have 1 made that just say's "Rode" on it. LOL
Good one...Yeah they need to come up with a new patch for those of us riding half the ride.

Just found out the bikes won't be back in SF in time to ride up to the AMA Women & Motorcycling Conf in Keystone CO on the 18th. BUMMER!! Am going to try other shippers, but it's not looking good. Worst case, may try to ship them to a Dealer in Summit County if they could get them there in time to ride back. Ideas?

Quick Reply: 69th Sturgis Rally...who's going?