Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

NJ Screwed Us Again

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2009, 01:07 PM
BiggestDawg
Advanced HDF Member
Received 41 Likes on 7 Posts

Holy crap! Can't you fight it?

Originally Posted by hdmunro
well i am trying to feel bad for you, but i just can't quite get there...
here in Quebec, we have gone from $283.00 per year to register
to $534.00, and next year it will be $750.00...then in 2011 they will begin to take your driving record into account...so if you have a few speeding tickets ect ect, it will cost you even more......and if you have a sports bike, the registration will be $1468.00 per year...

double ouch

Bill

Old 05-27-2009, 01:17 PM
hdmunro
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default fees

we cant fight it....we have had weekend rallies and driven around the highways here
at the minimum speed limit but the powers that be have been very clear that this is the way its gonna be from now on...i understand we are a cost on the insurance here, but there are limits....we had apparently 10000 bikes out last weekend protesting...didnt change a thing my friend... looks like they will go back to the old system of :
first bike, 400cc or less
next bike 750cc or less
then you can get whatever size you want....5 years experience or 25 years old...
mandatory course for motorcycles, second course if you opt for a sportsbike...
its gettin expensive...quite a few of the people i know are gettin rid of their bikes...
plus you have to add the insurance you will be paying as well don't forget...
my streetglide registration this year 534.00 and my insurance 610.00...thats some serious coin for 6-7 months of riding....

bill

Attached Thumbnails NJ Screwed Us Again-streetg1.jpg  
Old 05-27-2009, 01:21 PM
BiggDogg
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by HDV-GLIDE
Did you transfer tags? If not, the registration should be good for a year from when you bought the bike...
I didn't transfer any thing. I beleived it should be good for a year then I got that bill telling me to renew. I have to call the dealership and say what gives...

Old 05-27-2009, 01:41 PM
BiggestDawg
Advanced HDF Member
Received 41 Likes on 7 Posts

Sounds like it's time to vote those bastages out and put in some people that are more biker friendly.

Originally Posted by hdmunro
we cant fight it....we have had weekend rallies and driven around the highways here
at the minimum speed limit but the powers that be have been very clear that this is the way its gonna be from now on...i understand we are a cost on the insurance here, but there are limits....we had apparently 10000 bikes out last weekend protesting...didnt change a thing my friend... looks like they will go back to the old system of :
first bike, 400cc or less
next bike 750cc or less
then you can get whatever size you want....5 years experience or 25 years old...
mandatory course for motorcycles, second course if you opt for a sportsbike...
its gettin expensive...quite a few of the people i know are gettin rid of their bikes...
plus you have to add the insurance you will be paying as well don't forget...
my streetglide registration this year 534.00 and my insurance 610.00...thats some serious coin for 6-7 months of riding....

bill

Old 05-27-2009, 01:48 PM
hdmunro
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default fees...

well here it would pretty much be a case of..."meet the new boss, same as the old boss..."
our politics here is pretty much the same as your politics, just a little more dull and with
smaller $$ numbers....heheheh

bill

Attached Thumbnails NJ Screwed Us Again-bunny.jpg