Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

NJ Screwed Us Again

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2009, 12:13 PM
SteveXL
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

CA's registration fees went up 50% this year. My registration fees were nearly $200 this year.

Old 05-27-2009, 12:24 PM
AZStrtglide
Advanced

Sorry guys, in Arizona vehicle license are based off of the value of the vehicle. Just renewed my 08 Street Glide $435.00. I guess that's what we get for living where we can ride 365 days a year. With the sunny days we get the shaft!

Old 05-27-2009, 12:26 PM
madurodave
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by HDV-GLIDE
The DMV in NJ raised our motorcycle registration fees from $31 to $65 without any remorse, even after getting bombarded with protests from riders and some politicians...

When's it going to end...................

Sounds like a bargain compared to NH. I pay close to $200.

Old 05-27-2009, 12:29 PM
madurodave
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by AZStrtglide
Sorry guys, in Arizona vehicle license are based off of the value of the vehicle. Just renewed my 08 Street Glide $435.00. I guess that's what we get for living where we can ride 365 days a year. With the sunny days we get the shaft!
Wow, what happened to AZ? I used to pay $30 when I lived there 7 years ago!

Old 05-27-2009, 12:39 PM
BiggestDawg
Advanced HDF Member
Received 41 Likes on 7 Posts

It used to be like that in Washington too. We had a bill go to the voters to reduce the cost of tags. WDOT and the Washington house and a few others were screaming like school girls to stop it but it passed resoundingly. There was a challenge against it but the Governor at the time said that he heard us loud and clear and made it stick. They have upped it a little bit but it is still a lot better than it used to be.

Originally Posted by AZStrtglide

Old 05-27-2009, 12:50 PM
AZStrtglide
Advanced
Angry

Originally Posted by madurodave
Envirnomental Laws increased all vehicle taxes on vehicles manufactured after 1967 or some crap like that, it's a Tax slapped on the the vehicle registration only good thing is it's completely deductable the following year from State and Federal returns.

Old 05-27-2009, 12:54 PM
masterblaster
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 258 Likes on 100 Posts

All the asshounds from Kali are moving there to screw it up like they did their in Kali, Arizona needs to put up a fence on the western border not the southern one.

Old 05-27-2009, 12:55 PM
HEMSPLT
Cruiser

Janet Napolitano is what happened to AZ. She built a lot of nice roads but AZ has big deficit issues just like every other liberal overspending state. She was lucky that Barack gave her a job or whe would have had to stick around and clean up her mess.

CA registration fees doubled for vehicles with a registration renewal date of May 26 and later. Our state sales tax went up by one percentage point so in some areas people are paying over 9% for sales tax. Gas tax increased by 12 cents a gallon. After the special election the other day I think the politicians are finally figuring out we don't want to pay more taxes. The only proposition that passed was the one that said politicians won't get a pay raise in years when there is a budget deficit. CA has the highest paid politicians in the country.

Old 05-27-2009, 12:57 PM
hdmunro
Advanced
Default raising fees

well i am trying to feel bad for you, but i just can't quite get there...
here in Quebec, we have gone from $283.00 per year to register
to $534.00, and next year it will be $750.00...then in 2011 they will begin to take your driving record into account...so if you have a few speeding tickets ect ect, it will cost you even more......and if you have a sports bike, the registration will be $1468.00 per year...

double ouch

Bill

Attached Thumbnails NJ Screwed Us Again-mine.jpg  
Old 05-27-2009, 01:04 PM
VTwin-Goodies
Sponsor
Received 1,951 Likes on 1,935 Posts

That is dirt cheap. That's all i will say.

Quick Reply: NJ Screwed Us Again