Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Considering a 2009 Ultra Classic Electra Glide

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2009, 07:39 AM
frontiercat
Elite HDF Member
Received 39 Likes on 28 Posts

Yep, you will like the Ultra. You already know what you want, don't you? I thought so...

If you are like me, you over-analyze everything!

Old 05-27-2009, 07:50 AM
captharley
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sold my 97 Ultra in Sept and bought an 09- right now I have a little over 7000 miles on it and have loved every minute on it. The handling is totally different from the 97 and takes about 200 miles or so to get used to. It rides like a touring bike and handles like a sport bike. Best ride on the road!!!!

Old 05-27-2009, 07:53 AM
Our07Ultra
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

+1 on renting one for a day.. This would be the "deal sealer". They are outstanding machines that will invite and eventually turn into a chronic uncurable addiction!!!!
Hello
My name is Jim...and I am an Ultra addict.
I ride 100+ miles a day..............................

Old 05-27-2009, 08:48 AM
2ForTheRoad
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Get the Ultra. It was my first bike. Took the class, rented 2 Harley's (Road Glide and Ultra), then ordered my '08 Ultra. Take it slow in the beginning, be humble and all will be fine. I just turned over 12k and am very happy with my choice.

Old 05-27-2009, 01:33 PM
bentrider
3rd Gear

Looks like Bully Hill, DeafUltra!

Well Arkport made me ride one today. Mmmmmm... Smitten. The heal toe shifter felt a bit odd and it felt heavy when I stopped at lights but up and running it was really no harder to ride than my Burgman 650. Never thought I'd like that rumble after my silent Burgman but it is sort of cool ain't it?

Old 05-27-2009, 01:57 PM
HarleyRider6222
Intermediate

That's the beauty of these forums, you get alot of good info. I took the class last september on a suzuki 250 and waited til november to get my bike. Never have I owned or riden a motorcycle in my life til I took the course. I took the plunge and got me a 09 EGC. the bike is huge! 750 lbs and the wife tells me I look small in it but I LOVE IT! I'm 5'7" 165 lbs and stil manage to handle the bike quiet well. Go for the 09' harley, you wont regret it at all!!!!!

Old 05-27-2009, 01:59 PM
Bowhunter61
Road Warrior
Received 129 Likes on 85 Posts

Go for it, I have been riding a KLR650 Dual sport for the past 2 years and my wife and I rented an 09 Ultra for a long weekend trip to Va Beach. It took all of about 1 hour to get used to the bike even with her on it. The rest of the weekend was great, in fact so great I pick up my new Ultra this week. For the size that bike handles better than the smaller one with her on the back. I don't think you can wrong on this one.

Old 05-27-2009, 02:01 PM
DeafUltra
Elite HDF Member
Received 118 Likes on 82 Posts

Originally Posted by bentrider
Looks like Bully Hill, DeafUltra!

Well Arkport made me ride one today. Mmmmmm... Smitten. The heal toe shifter felt a bit odd and it felt heavy when I stopped at lights but up and running it was really no harder to ride than my Burgman 650. Never thought I'd like that rumble after my silent Burgman but it is sort of cool ain't it?
Yep, You got that darn right !.

The front/rear heel toe shifter can be adjusted to your likings once you purchase the bike. Less than 5 minute job then you're good to go. Sure felt heavy the first few rides, but you'll forget the heavy part and enjoy the ultimate rides every time you go out.

Let us know once you make your purchase and be sure to post photos here.

Good Luck,

Thorey

Old 05-27-2009, 04:05 PM
bentrider
3rd Gear

Originally Posted by frontiercat
Yep, you will like the Ultra. You already know what you want, don't you? I thought so...

If you are like me, you over-analyze everything!
Oh yeah. I WANT IT!

And usually I comparison shop AFTER I buy something. Read Consumer Reports about my new car when it's in the driveway, etc...

Old 05-27-2009, 04:16 PM
wkenddad
Tourer

Your only consideration should be what color, with or without ABS, and mags or spoke wheels.

Of course I'm a bit biased.
2009 Pacific Blue with ABS and mags.

Quick Reply: Considering a 2009 Ultra Classic Electra Glide