Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fuel Moto Maps slow in responding?

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2009, 10:13 PM
IAMSWUTIAMS
Extreme HDF Member
Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by hogginit
Put the Fuel Moto Jackpots, Ac and PCV on my Ultra about 2 weeks ago. Bike ran poorly and sounded like a hammer hitting a large nail spiking sound from the pipes and engine.I had them on for about 300 miles and finally put the bike back to it's stock configuration today. Now back in a stock configuration I have no more destructive sounding engine noise. Hopefully I have not caused any long term engine damage. Not sure what the pipes and PCV setup were doing, but there was a definite spiking noise from the bike, especially from the exhaust when the pipes were facing a wall or reflecting surfacer, otherwise it would eminate from the engine as well as the exhaust. It also had a bit of decel popping with the mufflers sounding like a wild bee when backing off. I 'll call Jaimie to see why my setup was so unexpectantly strange especially after reading all of the positive reviews here.
Sounds like you didn't get the Canadian version.

Old 05-28-2009, 10:19 PM
hogginit
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Feel a little like Daniel entering the lions den, but what' in h*** is the " Canadian " edition?

Old 05-28-2009, 11:41 PM
MC 88
Cruiser

I emailed him a request three weeks ago.. and nothing yet.

As i am sleeping when he is awake and vice versa its a bit hard to call.

so Jamie if you read this dont forget you mate from Down under 09 RK Stage 1 with V&H Dresser Duals and Monster Ovals......

Old 05-28-2009, 11:46 PM
MC 88
Cruiser

so Jamie if you read this dont forget you mate from Down under 09 RK Stage 1 with V&H Dresser Duals and Monster Ovals......

Old 05-29-2009, 07:17 AM
IAMSWUTIAMS
Extreme HDF Member
Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Feel a little like Daniel entering the lions den, but what' in h*** is the " Canadian " edition?
Just kiddin' ya.

Old 05-29-2009, 09:23 AM
fuelmoto
Platinum Sponsor
Received 4,159 Likes on 1,353 Posts

Put the Fuel Moto Jackpots, Ac and PCV on my Ultra about 2 weeks ago. Bike ran poorly and sounded like a hammer hitting a large nail spiking sound from the pipes and engine.I had them on for about 300 miles and finally put the bike back to it's stock configuration today. Now back in a stock configuration I have no more destructive sounding engine noise. Hopefully I have not caused any long term engine damage. Not sure what the pipes and PCV setup were doing, but there was a definite spiking noise from the bike, especially from the exhaust when the pipes were facing a wall or reflecting surfacer, otherwise it would eminate from the engine as well as the exhaust. It also had a bit of decel popping with the mufflers sounding like a wild bee when backing off. I 'll call Jaimie to see why my setup was so unexpectantly strange especially after reading all of the positive reviews here.
You likely either had something installed incorrectly or had the left and right mufflers mixed up. We have 1000+ bikes out there with this setup with absolutley no issues and we install these parts at our shop everyday. I have no idea why you did not contact us on this and instead posted here. How are we supposed to help?

Jamie Long / Fuel Moto USA
The USA's Leader V-Twin EFI & Performance www.fuelmotousa.com
Contact 920-423-3309
Email jamie@fuelmotousa.com

Old 05-29-2009, 09:33 AM
fuelmoto
Platinum Sponsor
Received 4,159 Likes on 1,353 Posts

Originally Posted by MC 88

Please resend your request to jamie@fuelmotousa.com and I will take care of it

Old 05-29-2009, 12:17 PM
iclick
Extreme HDF Member
Received 48 Likes on 32 Posts

I don't know quite where to start with this one, but let's go with the "spiking" noises first. The Dyno-Tuned Jackpot mufflers have a asymmetrical design that channels even more exhaust to the right muffler than stock, and this is by design. By doing this the exhaust will sound more like a 2-into-1 system which may be what you're hearing. I would also advise you double-check that you have the mufflers in the right position, as they are not interchangeable! Some time ago a friend installed his Jackpots bass-akwards and it sounded very odd indeed.

You either like the sound or you don't, and most like it. The performance gain is more objective, and few if any have expressed disappointment here. It is a fact that no matter how good your product is someone, somewhere will not like it. This is an old business axiom and it does not change with time. When dealing with something as subjective as sound quality of a muffler it is not surprising that this would be a good example of how a good sound for one is bad for another. I've heard some say the Jackpots are too loud, others that they are too quiet--and that's just the way it is. If most like the sound you are doing something right, IMO.

I will refrain from responding on the idea that the FM package will harm your engine, as it doesn't require comment. I would suggest that you call Jamie and discuss your displeasure with him, although you should've done that before posting on this forum, IMO--especially with unfounded suggestion that somehow the FM package might be harming your engine. I'm sure Jamie will do his best, although if you don't like the sound there's probably little that can be done to make you happy.

Last edited by iclick; 05-29-2009 at 12:20 PM.
Old 05-29-2009, 08:14 PM
hogginit
Road Captain

Wondering if I should reply or not as doing so causes the topic to become focused again. In no way was I suggesting the Fuel Moto products were the cause, parts were removed for two purposes, the first, to aid in troubleshooting as these were the only changes done to the bike and by removing them could possibly indicate a faulty pcv (however unlikely) or a faulty bafflle. The second was to return the bike to a stock condition if it was necessary to return to the dealer so as to not create the typical BS over customer installed components. Actually have called FM on three different occasions, but unfortunately they seem to be really busy and I unfortunatelydid not get through. I also have only limited time availiable also to make non-work related calls. I was groping for some idea on what I may be hearing, if it was normal with these pipes, possibly loose baffle or if they were installed incorrectly. They were placed on the bike as indicated via small white stickers designating a right or left positioning. I would be interested now that the stickers are off as to what physical appearance indicatoe would prove that the mufflers are indeed installed correctly as I am confident they are. I would not have posted a separate titled complaint, even if te set-up proved to be faulty. Rather, I decided to sneak in (unucessfully it appears) within a thread discussing this set-up, looking for possible answers of what may be wrong.

Old 05-29-2009, 08:28 PM
mariner227
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Our07Ultra
Compliment to FM on their customer service.Moving during peak season and still responding to e-mails while staying in touch with the forum is huge on their part.
These are the kind of sponsors that make a site stand out from the other wanna b sites.
Great job folks!
+1.......

Quick Reply: Fuel Moto Maps slow in responding?