Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fuel Moto Maps slow in responding?

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2009, 03:43 AM
emwolb
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

mine came with the wrong map, and i called, this has been a month or so ago, and talked with keith, i had the bike hooked up to the usb cable, and the computer online. he emailed me the right map immediately to match my combination of slip ons, air cleaner etc, and it was emailed to me by keith right then. i am one very happy customer. now i'd call that excellent service.

Old 05-27-2009, 07:13 AM
parrothead306
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just got a pcv and needed new map for some heat issues. Called Jamie and talked to him. Sent him an email and had the map 48 hours after request was sent. They could have sent it right then but I was tied up with things with the kids and life in general (coaching soccer, going to softball games for other daughter, work ect). It was going to be at least that long before I could get to it so I said that it wasn't an issue. It was there when they said it would be though. Great people to deal with. I am sure with the move and this being the beginning of "riding season" they r getting bombarded with request because of everyone buying new bike ,doing stage one,engine rebuild

Old 05-27-2009, 07:40 AM
Our07Ultra
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Compliment to FM on their customer service.Moving during peak season and still responding to e-mails while staying in touch with the forum is huge on their part.
These are the kind of sponsors that make a site stand out from the other wanna b sites.
Great job folks!

Old 05-27-2009, 01:29 PM
IAMSWUTIAMS
Extreme HDF Member
Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

I called this morning, Keith sent map right away. Great service, especially considering how busy they are right now.

Old 05-27-2009, 02:12 PM
sporty06
Road Captain

Well, I sent Jamie an email over a month ago with a report on two maps that he sent me. We have been having problems getting a map that will improve my wife's heritage after installing HQ cams. I still have not received a map and have not had time to call. Anyone want to buy a PC-V?

sporty06

Old 05-27-2009, 02:54 PM
HDRider2002
Road Master
Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Sporty, what problems are you have, and what HQ cam are you having the issue with. I am looking for a "better" map than what i have for my HQ-0034 cam. I should just get a dyno tune, but likely will be doing the HQ-95-T kit this off season, so just want something to get me by for now.

Old 05-28-2009, 12:35 PM
sporty06
Road Captain

We installed the HQ 0034 gear drive cams. Jamie called me yesterday and sent me another map and a firmware update. I will install them this weekend and see what happens. Have not found a map yet that will get rid of decel popping and bike runs better without any of the maps we have tried so far. I will install the new map this weekend and see what happens. So far I am not impressed with the HQ 0034 cams.

sporty06

Old 05-28-2009, 12:42 PM
beary
Grand HDF Member
Received 282 Likes on 187 Posts

Originally Posted by Standard
Honestly....Integraty....Respect....

Funny how it just brings about Loyalty and Confidence....

Good folks to deal with.

Yep! After listening to the news, I vote Jamie for president.

Beary

Old 05-28-2009, 02:22 PM
HDRider2002
Road Master
Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

I haven't had ANY decel popping with my HQ-0034 cam, just a little rough running in the lower rpm range, and poor mileage. I got another revised map from Jamie today (Thanks again!!!) and will load it when i get home tonight and see what happens. I've got a 300 mile ride planned for sunday, so i guess i'll see the mileage difference then.

Old 05-28-2009, 10:02 PM
hogginit
Road Captain

Put the Fuel Moto Jackpots, Ac and PCV on my Ultra about 2 weeks ago. Bike ran poorly and sounded like a hammer hitting a large nail spiking sound from the pipes and engine.I had them on for about 300 miles and finally put the bike back to it's stock configuration today. Now back in a stock configuration I have no more destructive sounding engine noise. Hopefully I have not caused any long term engine damage. Not sure what the pipes and PCV setup were doing, but there was a definite spiking noise from the bike, especially from the exhaust when the pipes were facing a wall or reflecting surfacer, otherwise it would eminate from the engine as well as the exhaust. It also had a bit of decel popping with the mufflers sounding like a wild bee when backing off. I 'll call Jaimie to see why my setup was so unexpectantly strange especially after reading all of the positive reviews here.

Quick Reply: Fuel Moto Maps slow in responding?