Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Stage 1 ?

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2009, 08:59 AM
dmaxey
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Stage 1 ?

I'm ready to install the Stage 1 upgrade on my 08 UC, but would like to know if there are any options out there besides the HD solution?

What has everyone else been doing and at what benefit? I'm looking to add a little performance and reduce the heat.

Old 05-26-2009, 09:04 AM
HB
Road Captain

Go with fuel moto. You will be far ahead of the stage one. Change your air cleaner and pipes and put on a PC III your ready to go. Jamie is on the site quite a bit with Fuel Moto. He can hook you up with everything you will need. I haven't heard there pipes in person but a lot of good feedback is on the forum for them. I put the PC III on mine and what a difference it has made.

Old 05-26-2009, 10:42 AM
dragonglide
Novice

+1 on that....PCIII is the way to go, and the guys at fuelmotto are awesome to deal with. i noticed a huge difference after Rineharts, SC AC and the PC III.

Old 05-26-2009, 11:26 AM
vtwinbmx
Road Warrior
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

FuelMoto is the best thing for the money on a stage 1. If you are looking to upgrade later you may want to get the PCV or TTS. Both of these you can tune yourself and not have to dyno.

Old 05-26-2009, 11:36 AM
dawg
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 3,226 Likes on 1,841 Posts

I'd get the SE super tuner or TTS, Ness Big Sucker and Rush mufflers. That's JMO

Old 05-26-2009, 12:14 PM
StreetGlideMedic
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Why the PC III? You can get the PC-V, a stage 1 air cleaner and whatever from Fuel Moto. Jamie and Eric have the best customer service and will always back up their stuff 100%! With the SERT...you deal with HD...and that in itself is a pain if the techs do not know what they are doing! Now that's not all Harley Techs...some are awesome...But why deal with Harley when you can install yourself in less than and hour and already have the base MAP installed! VIOLA!

IM me and I'll tell you how easy it is!

Hey...I'm Polish and born blonde...if I can do it...anyone can!

Mike

Old 05-26-2009, 01:10 PM
woohooyou
Advanced

+1 on Mike's recommendation
I went with the PCV from Fuel Moto on my 08 and couldn't be happier.

Old 05-26-2009, 01:17 PM
wew99
Novice

I think the PCV will be your only option on an 08 UC due to the DBW throttle. Still a good install and easy to upgrade to the auto tune later if you want.

Old 05-26-2009, 01:44 PM
harleybill2008
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default My buddy's 07 UC.

Here is what my friend says about the upgrades he did on his 07 UC. He was so upset before he did this that he was looking to get out of riding all together. He said you could cook a steak on his leg it was so hot. Anyway, his response:

I got my bike back about three weeks ago and rode it for the first time this past weekend. Denise and I went out for a 200 mile ride on our anniversary and it ran well. Not sure if you know, but I put the V&H Monster Ovals on it with the true dual headers, the Stage 1 kit, the race tuner and had it on the dyno too. I had changed over to syns in the entire engine last year. The bike definitely ran stronger and ran much much cooler than before. The heat was no different than it was on my Heritage or Road King. There was no popping when you went down a hill or backed off the throttle. I wasn't going to have it dynoed but Carroll talked me into that and I'm glad I did that. It is a totally different bike than before. I can honestly say I like my bike.

Old 05-26-2009, 01:44 PM
Zacharia_11
Road Master

Skip the Download.
I recommend the TTS or SEPST. I have the TTS and tuned my bike myself. TTS manages heat a little different than HD does, check out the EITMS section of their manual. If your interested the link is in my signature.

Quick Reply: Stage 1 ?