Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Stage 1 ?

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2009, 04:55 PM
harleytuner
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 218 Likes on 131 Posts

I think the PCV will be your only option on an 08 UC due to the DBW throttle. Still a good install and easy to upgrade to the auto tune later if you want.
Not true, the SERT, SEST and the TTS all can be used for TBW bikes. Do a search on the PCIII and V on this site and you will find numerous posts that people have had with the power commanders getting wet and the bike not running. The main problem with the PC's is that they stay on the bike, the SERT, SEST and TTS are used as an interface to tune your bike, once it's tuned, they come off and are not need again untill you want to re-tune or further modify your existing tune. You can get MAPS that are close to your build on this site just by asking, same thing from FuelMoto.

Old 05-26-2009, 05:06 PM
StreetGlideMedic
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Deleted!

Old 05-26-2009, 05:08 PM
StreetGlideMedic
Road Master

Harleytuner...I agree about the use on TBW bikes. But alot of times you'll find people installign the PCIII and Vs in bad places, without the rubber covers on, or dielectric grease on the connections. Otherwise I drive thru all types of rain without issue!

Now...don't want to download? Buy the PC-V and the Auto-tune! A little work...not more than an hour for the experienced guy and two-three for the non-wrench type of peoples! With Auto-tune...no worries about re-do on the MAPS...ya get your basic one for your set-up and the Auto-tune takes it from there!

Ride Safe, Mike

Old 05-26-2009, 05:23 PM
harleytuner
Outstanding HDF Member

+1 on the inproper install, but I have seen people having problems after a good washing as well. The point is, you don't have the concerns with a fuel management that doesn't stay on the bike.

Old 05-26-2009, 05:24 PM
harleytuner
Outstanding HDF Member

Not to mention you have more tuning control with the SERT SEST and TTS than you do with the pc's. But I will give you one on the autotune, I havn't tried one yet, but if it works as claimed it might be worth the money.

Old 05-26-2009, 09:56 PM
EastSideBikerTrash
Road Captain

I just bought an 09 StreetGlide and I went with the Stage-1 because I can't afford the Super Tuner and dyno time right now. $300 -vs- $750

I plan on adding cams and probably True Duals. If I do I will go with the STT and have it dyno'd.

I didn't go with the PCV because I didn't want to add more hardware. I had a PCIII on my 05 Standard and everyonce in a while the bike wouldn't start. I would unplug and replug the PC and everything was fine. I personally know 2 other people that have this problem with the PC. I do recommend Fuelmoto if you go with the PC. They double the standard warranty, have excellent prices, you can get custom maps and the support is top notch.

My bike runs much cooler with the SE high flow kit, V&H Oval Slip-ons and Stage-1 download. The first thing I do when I get home from riding is clean the bugs off using a bucket of soap and water and a rag. I couldn't get near the bike before the mods. After the mods I can clean right away.

While I was at the bike shop I had a chance to talk with 2 Houston police officers that run the Stage-1 download on their 08 and 09 service bikes. Both of them said they have not had any problems.

dave

Old 05-26-2009, 10:49 PM
hog95023
Elite HDF Member
Received 161 Likes on 106 Posts
Talking

Originally Posted by StreetGlideMedic
Harleytuner...I agree about the use on TBW bikes. But alot of times you'll find people installign the PCIII and Vs in bad places, without the rubber covers on, or dielectric grease on the connections. Otherwise I drive thru all types of rain without issue!

Ride Safe, Mike

After reading this thread I went and checked my PCV to see if I have a boot. I didnt see what where would it be located? Mine is sitting loose over the battery under the seat.

The PCV makes a big difference in the bike and mine is not tuned the best either. My friend purchased the SERT and called the HD to make an appointment tomorrow to get pipes and the tuner installed. He asked how long it would take and was told about about 2 hours to complete the job. I told him to ask how long the dyno would take and the service manager said he wouldn't need it because he wasn't installing cams and stuff.

I am not real big on the Harley dealers working on my stuff. Pretty sad. I would go with a Fuel Moto package if I could do it over again. or drive and see HarelyTuner if I could get the time off of work.

Last edited by hog95023; 05-26-2009 at 11:05 PM.
Old 05-26-2009, 10:59 PM
Zacharia_11
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by hog95023
My friend purchased the SERT and called the HD to make an appointment tomorrow to get pipes and the tuner installed. He asked how long it would take and was told about about 2 hours to complete the job. I told him to ask how long the dyno would take and he said he wouldn't need it because he wasn't installing cams and stuff.
Awesome, like buying a cd player and not buying any CD's... Well not quite that bad but damn close.

Old 05-26-2009, 11:06 PM
hog95023
Elite HDF Member
Received 161 Likes on 106 Posts

I am not sure why the service manager told him that a dyno wasnt needed with the SERT.

Old 05-27-2009, 02:21 AM
emwolb
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

i went with the hd screamin eagle aircleaner, stage one download, rinehart slip ons, and then the huge improvement was the power comander 5, a.k.a. pcv, fuelmoto sells it for the best price anywhere i've found as others know, and with the map that fuelmoto installed free, that matches my mufflers, the se air cleaner, and the stage one download, it's spot on. what a great difference it made. if i'd have known how much difference the pcv made, i'd have done it way before. it's that much of an improvement. people claim that even more can be had by dynoing it, but i'm very happy with the canned map. great combination of parts that really woke up my streetglide.

Quick Reply: Stage 1 ?