Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Quick Detach Tour Pak Lock?

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2009 | 05:17 PM
Road Ranger
|
Road Warrior
Question Quick Detach Tour Pak Lock?

Hey everyone, I'm looking for a simple solution to lock my detachable tour pak. I know Harley makes a lockable cam for them, but if I installed this lock I would never be able to get the key in there to unlock it and remove it from my bike. So I'm wondering what some of you have done to make sure your detachable tour pak doesn't grow legs and walk off...Thanks for your suggestions and ideas.

Old 05-25-2009 | 05:24 PM
krazy3
Road Warrior

I worried about it, at first. After 10 years of Sturgis with saddlebags that don't lock, and seeing people actually leave their leather strapped on their bikes, I just came to the conclusion that people just don't mess with them. When I had my bag strapped on my tour pak rack, nobody ever bothered it. Sorry, I know this isn't what you were looking for.

Old 05-25-2009 | 05:27 PM
Chicago Spike
Road Warrior

Just shorten the key by cutting the loop off and put a slight bend in the handle

Old 05-25-2009 | 05:39 PM
Jukebox
Road Master

I have my tour pack mounted all the way back so it was really hard for me to get that key in there too so I put my key in a vise and bent it over about half way and it worked like a charm. That's what I did.

Old 05-25-2009 | 06:29 PM
Garemlin
Ultimate HDF Member

This was my home made detachable lock on my 08 Street Glide. Ten bucks at Wally World.

Old 05-25-2009 | 06:32 PM
Road Ranger
|
Road Warrior

Cool...Thanks for the recommendations guys!

Old 05-25-2009 | 06:35 PM
Road Ranger
|
Road Warrior

Monstermile - Very cool! That's kinda what I was thinkin but not sure a padloack would fit. You just answered the question for me...Thanks!

Old 05-25-2009 | 07:53 PM
nocages4me
Tourer

I must be the only one but I bought the HD locks and they are junk. Mine doesn't even work. It won't lock at all, so basically I changed out the cams for no reason.

Old 05-25-2009 | 07:58 PM
Akitakoi
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by nocages4me
I must be the only one but I bought the HD locks and they are junk. Mine doesn't even work. It won't lock at all, so basically I changed out the cams for no reason.
Your not the only one, those things are junk.

Old 05-25-2009 | 08:05 PM
DeckerDude
Road Master

Originally Posted by krazy3
I worried about it, at first. After 10 years of Sturgis with saddlebags that don't lock, and seeing people actually leave their leather strapped on their bikes, I just came to the conclusion that people just don't mess with them. When I had my bag strapped on my tour pak rack, nobody ever bothered it. Sorry, I know this isn't what you were looking for.
That's kinda where I'm at.

Quick Reply: Quick Detach Tour Pak Lock?