Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Stage 2 download vs. SERT

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2006, 03:12 AM
turbo54
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: Stage 2 download vs. SERT

Well Shovelhead .It's bpred put to 95cct and has 203 cams , 42 mm throttle body efi.K@N air ,thunder head exhust and stage 2 down load.It,s not smooth as I would like it.It was pritty good with the pc 3 and dino Ilke I said it keep trashing them.Lucky the dealer refunded my money.

Old 05-14-2006, 03:13 AM
turbo54
Road Master

Usmc a bit loaded sorry 95 cc bored out

Old 05-14-2006, 03:19 AM
turbo54
Road Master

I would say cookie cutter it has run faithfully 54 K miles till the Pc 3.

Old 05-14-2006, 07:49 AM
Shovelhead Bob
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 21 Likes on 4 Posts

Go with the SERT for the MM Sysyem....

No external interface, Data manipulation right in the ECM, as it should....

Old 05-14-2006, 04:09 PM
daharleyrdr
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Dear Shovelhead Bob;
I for one as a forum member would like to thank you for all your professional imput you have given to us!!! Now that I buttered you up I have a couple of questions and I value your input
I have a stock 05 Road King Std EFI, currently 3K miles
#1 I had the dealer do a 1K service shpiuld I wait for the MOCO"S next service of 5K or have something done now or just change fluids and air cleaner/plugs bike has synthetic oil in all cavaties.
#2 I want to put EFI AC unit stage one in and was thinking odf Vance & Hines Slip Ons should I go download, SERT, Power Commander of V&H Fuel Pak. If I go download can I put the AC on and slip omns., ride to dealer 75 miles and let em do the download would this harm the bike, I could save myself a few bucks on labor, not that Im Shovelhead Bob the mechanic. I may even come to your place Im in Staten Island NY, thanks Bill

Old 05-14-2006, 06:10 PM
JamieWG
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

#2 I want to put EFI AC unit stage one in and was thinking odf Vance & Hines Slip Ons should I go download, SERT, Power Commander of V&H Fuel Pak. If I go download can I put the AC on and slip omns., ride to dealer 75 miles and let em do the download would this harm the bike, I could save myself a few bucks on labor, not that Im Shovelhead Bob the mechanic. I may even come to your place Im in Staten Island NY, thanks Bill
Sorry to butt in.. but look at it like this.. you can buy a sert for $360 online. The included CD contains all the HD downloads. Now a download will cost you $150, plus you have to pay labor.. so you are looking at $200 anyway. For the added buck-sixty you get a sert and unlimited tuning ability. It's a no brainer. It is easy to upload a canned map to your bike. You don't even need any tools to do it. Takes 3 minutes tops..

If you are unconvinced and decide on the download, then put the slipons on and get the DL before you add the AC. Don't ride the bike 75 miles with a stock ecm and stage I ac.

Old 05-14-2006, 06:20 PM
daharleyrdr
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Jamie WG
Yer not buttin in thanks for the imput do you need a lap top to download to the SERT ???? Thanks for the idea to put the slip ons ride 75 miles to the dealer and let them put on the SE Stage 1 AC and the SERT?? will that work? Ill still save some labor costs thanks Bill I'm still oopen for suggestions come on guys thanks again everyone

Old 05-14-2006, 06:37 PM
JamieWG
Road Master

You don't need a laptop, but it's nice to have one. Lots of people just drag the home computer out to the garage to use the sert. If you buy the sert, you won't have any labor charges... it's easy to install the SE AC yourself. If you buy the sert, you can do your own download too. Nothing to install with the sert... just hook up the cables, upload the map, then disconnect it all.

If you still decide to buy the download, then put the pipes on and ride it to the dealer. Get the download before you add the AC. As a matter of fact, the bike will probably run a lot better if you skip the AC all together. The download seems to work best if you just leave the AC stock and use the slip on exhaust.

Old 05-14-2006, 06:39 PM
JamieWG
Road Master

double post

Old 05-14-2006, 07:02 PM
Shovelhead Bob
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 21 Likes on 4 Posts

Do it when you want to do it....

And go with the SERT.......

You will be happier, and have the opportunity to upgrade without buying another flash again... Just tune it in.....

It is a Tool that keeps on giving.....

Quick Reply: Stage 2 download vs. SERT