Notices
Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I couldn't take it any longer

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2009, 05:10 AM
REVDOGGY
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JonnyD
I guess you hadn't heard, the 2010's have even more changes..... DOH! I can only imagine how your wife feels you getting 3 new bikes in 3 years, she's probably wondering when you'll trade her in for a new model
Maybe it's in the works and he is holding tryout's right now to make sure he get's the right one.

Old 05-25-2009, 06:39 AM
Texas Fat Boy
Extreme HDF Member
Received 34 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by JonnyD
I guess you hadn't heard, the 2010's have even more changes..... DOH! I can only imagine how your wife feels you getting 3 new bikes in 3 years, she's probably wondering when you'll trade her in for a new model
I know there will be changes every year. But not a major change like happened in 20009. Changing out the old technology after 28 years. Here is why I traded 3 times in 3 years.

1st bike an 07 Fat Boy:
I was new to Harley and new to this area, so I didn't know anybody to ask for opinions. Every dealership I went to the salesman would push whatever bike he was personally riding. The one guy who recomened a Touring bike said and I quote "the women love them, because they vibrate". I didn't want a vibrator I wanted a bike I could enjoy. The Touring bikes and Dynas vibrated like crazy and the Softails didn't so I settled on a Softail. This I blame on the slaseman, not explaining the differences very well.........and the owner of that store told me not to buy a Touring bike for my first Harley. "It's a road bike, not a good bike for around town driving". THE OWNER SAID THAT.
My Brother-in-Law (from 3 states away) loved his Heritage but I didn't like the old school looks so I went with a Fat Boy.....and the Fat Boy had that azz kickin 200 tire on the back.

2nd bike on '08 Streeet Glide:
My local shop had a demo day at an Open House so I road a Road King just to see what was up with the Touring bikes. I loved it and knew I wanted it before I got half the test ride done. So I bought the 08 Street Glide in May. In July, Harley annouces they made a major change in the frame and added a big wide tire on the back. Just bad timing on my part.

3rd bike an '09 Street Glide:
I can live with the changes year to year, but this was a major change between '08 and '09 I was happy with my 08' Street Glide but really want the new technology and wide rear tire. To put a 200 FBI kit on my bike it was gonna cost $3,400 plus paint and labor. So I took that $3,400 I was gonna spend and used it to help trade. I was gonna wait for the 2010 models, but I knew I liked my Deep Blue Peral color and it is not going to be around in 2010. So I traded and so far, I am happy as can be with the new technology.

As far as the wife goes, we've been married for 33 years, so I think she's use to my crap by now.

Old 05-25-2009, 02:00 PM
tmblweed
Road Captain

I was going to wait and get a 2010 model, but I liked my Deep Blue Pearl color and I could switch over my lowers and Chopped Tour Pak, without having to have them painted.

Not to worry...you can just trade the 09 for the 2010...sorry, couldn't resist.

Old 05-25-2009, 05:14 PM
Texas Fat Boy
Extreme HDF Member
Received 34 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by tmblweed
Not to worry...you can just trade the 09 for the 2010...sorry, couldn't resist.
Yeah I get that all the time. hahahahaha

I think/hope I'm done trading. Proabaly not, but I hope so. LOL

Old 05-25-2009, 05:55 PM
bluffalobob
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Texas Fat Boy
I know there will be changes every year. But not a major change like happened in 20009. Changing out the old technology after 28 years. Here is why I traded 3 times in 3 years.

1st bike an 07 Fat Boy:
I was new to Harley and new to this area, so I didn't know anybody to ask for opinions. Every dealership I went to the salesman would push whatever bike he was personally riding. The one guy who recomened a Touring bike said and I quote "the women love them, because they vibrate". I didn't want a vibrator I wanted a bike I could enjoy. The Touring bikes and Dynas vibrated like crazy and the Softails didn't so I settled on a Softail. This I blame on the slaseman, not explaining the differences very well.........and the owner of that store told me not to buy a Touring bike for my first Harley. "It's a road bike, not a good bike for around town driving". THE OWNER SAID THAT.
My Brother-in-Law (from 3 states away) loved his Heritage but I didn't like the old school looks so I went with a Fat Boy.....and the Fat Boy had that azz kickin 200 tire on the back.

2nd bike on '08 Streeet Glide:
My local shop had a demo day at an Open House so I road a Road King just to see what was up with the Touring bikes. I loved it and knew I wanted it before I got half the test ride done. So I bought the 08 Street Glide in May. In July, Harley annouces they made a major change in the frame and added a big wide tire on the back. Just bad timing on my part.

3rd bike an '09 Street Glide:
I can live with the changes year to year, but this was a major change between '08 and '09 I was happy with my 08' Street Glide but really want the new technology and wide rear tire. To put a 200 FBI kit on my bike it was gonna cost $3,400 plus paint and labor. So I took that $3,400 I was gonna spend and used it to help trade. I was gonna wait for the 2010 models, but I knew I liked my Deep Blue Peral color and it is not going to be around in 2010. So I traded and so far, I am happy as can be with the new technology.

As far as the wife goes, we've been married for 33 years, so I think she's use to my crap by now.
I did almost the same thing as you and for most of the same reasons. I went from an 05 Fatboy (soon to look more like a Heritage), then to an 07 Ultra, and finally to my 09 Ultra. Traded last September and never looked back. This is one sweet bike, and I will most likely keep her for years to come.

Old 05-25-2009, 08:48 PM
tmblweed
Road Captain

Originally Posted by Texas Fat Boy
Yeah I get that all the time. hahahahaha

I think/hope I'm done trading. Proabaly not, but I hope so. LOL

I'v had 3 bikes since March 2005, so I can't talk. ( Hankering for th 2010's too )

Old 05-25-2009, 09:04 PM
bunkerbeer
Road Master

Congrats.

Old 05-25-2009, 09:31 PM
garyhendley
Outstanding HDF Member

yep thought about it but cant take the payments right now congrats ride safe

Old 05-25-2009, 11:24 PM
emwolb
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

that's lookin way too cool. and the tour pack looks great on the sg.