Notices
Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I couldn't take it any longer

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2009, 09:52 AM
Texas Fat Boy
Extreme HDF Member
Received 34 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by neano62
Texas Fat Azz Boy, I didnt' have a 2008 but I had a 2005 FLHTSE2! and traded for what I believe is the best ride-n bike Harley makes, a 2009 FLTR!! I've put the RC Component Nitro pkge. on the other day! I went with a 21.3.5 up front and a 17 6.25 with a 200 mm tire on da rear! OOOOOOH how Sweet it is! Metzler 880 tires and two matching rotors up front. If I could get someone to show me how to post pics I will. Anyway the 2009 models, at least the one I have as I can only speak for myself and u 2 evidently, are a HUGE, and I do mean HUGE Improvement!! Its amazing! But a Roadglide is the Best! LOL! Nice Bike Bro!
The easiest way for me to post pictures here is to setup an account (it's free) with Photobucket http://photobucket.com/

Then save the pictures from your computer you want to post there

Then at the bottom of each picture "left click" on the "IMG Code" (it will turn blue)
Then "right click" and save that info
Then in the same box that you type a reply here, "paste" that info and a picture will pop up, when you "Submit Reply" or "Preview Post'.

FYI: save the pictures with the 640 x 480 size at the most. it will be a large enough picture to view easily.

Old 05-24-2009, 09:55 AM
moparman2
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So how do the changes from your 08 to 09 effect real world differences. Have read all the magazine articles but would like to hear from someone that has experienced owning both bikes. And I fully understand going to a different dealer. I just read the new Thunder Press and dealers are offering 2009 Electra Glides for the same price I paid for mine in 07 and I had also purchased 2 new Harley's within a short time frame from my dealer before ending up with the Glide. Next time I will travel to where the best deal is.

Old 05-24-2009, 11:50 AM
Texas Fat Boy
Extreme HDF Member

Originally Posted by moparman2
So how do the changes from your 08 to 09 effect real world differences. Have read all the magazine articles but would like to hear from someone that has experienced owning both bikes. And I fully understand going to a different dealer. I just read the new Thunder Press and dealers are offering 2009 Electra Glides for the same price I paid for mine in 07 and I had also purchased 2 new Harley's within a short time frame from my dealer before ending up with the Glide. Next time I will travel to where the best deal is.
The difference to me is it just feels 'solid' I guess is the best way to explain it. I don't know anything about the "High Speed Bagger Wabble" but I did have this feeling some times of it feeling like I was riding on greasy pavement. Coming out of some turns and driving over 70 some times it just felt a little loose. I haven't felt that with the 09, or just riding down the highway doing 70 or so. That's the speed limits in Texas. Plus I really really wanted the Fat Tire on the back. I checked into Fat Tire kits but it was almost the same price to trade bikes.

Normally I don't speed but, last weekend I was trying to get home before a rain storm hit and I was following a pickup doing between 80 and 85 and everything was solid with the 09. The last 5 miles I passed him and lead doing about 95 and it was as solid feeling as doing 60. I don't noramlly do that and I ended up getting downpoured on the last two miles anyway. But if I did that (and I have) on the 08 I would have an uneasy queezy feeling on the bike kind of floating around.

When I test rode the 09 I didn't think it was that much different, it was nice but not that much different. Then I did the same test ride on my 08 and I could tell the difference. There isn't much difference, but if I can tell it's there, then there is something there.

I wasn't going to trade but the dealer 100 miles away from me offered me $15,200 for mine with a $1,500 store debit card (the wheels, tires and rotors are $3,300. No problem spending the $1,500). That's $16,700 for my bike, off any bike they had at MSRP. I thought it was fair enough.

It was $2,700 better than my local store offered me that is 8 miles away from my house.......and I could keep anything I wanted off my bike and put anything I wanted back to stock on the 08.....and if you take into account of additional sales tax on the 27 hundred that makes $2,868.75 better than my local dealer.

My local dealer did match that price, but now the owner's so mad he won't even say hello to me. I bought three new Harleys in three years and the owner won't even say hello to me. :^(

Last edited by Texas Fat Boy; 05-24-2009 at 12:01 PM.
Old 05-24-2009, 01:18 PM
vertigo14
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

should of gotten the rootbeer and black.... i wish I got it... Oh well can always ask my local painter to paint it up in them colors soon as I raise some cash hehe

Old 05-24-2009, 01:49 PM
FFeric
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

Congrats. I really like that color

Old 05-24-2009, 02:35 PM
Texas Fat Boy
Extreme HDF Member

Originally Posted by vertigo14
should of gotten the rootbeer and black.... i wish I got it................... hehe
I don't think so, it a nice color. But not for me.

Old 05-24-2009, 09:24 PM
vertigo14
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I checked HDs website... on like 8 different models.. didn't show one of em with the rootbeer with black... it shows the candy rootbeer one and a darker rootbeer combo, but that is not the one I was droolen on at the local dealer...

Old 05-25-2009, 01:04 AM
dredy2g
Tourer

congrats on the new scoot upgrade

Old 05-25-2009, 01:53 AM
REVDOGGY
Cruiser

Originally Posted by Texas Fat Boy
The difference to me is it just feels 'solid' I guess is the best way to explain it. I don't know anything about the "High Speed Bagger Wabble" but I did have this feeling some times of it feeling like I was riding on greasy pavement. Coming out of some turns and driving over 70 some times it just felt a little loose. I haven't felt that with the 09, or just riding down the highway doing 70 or so. That's the speed limits in Texas. Plus I really really wanted the Fat Tire on the back. I checked into Fat Tire kits but it was almost the same price to trade bikes.

Normally I don't speed but, last weekend I was trying to get home before a rain storm hit and I was following a pickup doing between 80 and 85 and everything was solid with the 09. The last 5 miles I passed him and lead doing about 95 and it was as solid feeling as doing 60. I don't noramlly do that and I ended up getting downpoured on the last two miles anyway. But if I did that (and I have) on the 08 I would have an uneasy queezy feeling on the bike kind of floating around.

When I test rode the 09 I didn't think it was that much different, it was nice but not that much different. Then I did the same test ride on my 08 and I could tell the difference. There isn't much difference, but if I can tell it's there, then there is something there.

I wasn't going to trade but the dealer 100 miles away from me offered me $15,200 for mine with a $1,500 store debit card (the wheels, tires and rotors are $3,300. No problem spending the $1,500). That's $16,700 for my bike, off any bike they had at MSRP. I thought it was fair enough.

It was $2,700 better than my local store offered me that is 8 miles away from my house.......and I could keep anything I wanted off my bike and put anything I wanted back to stock on the 08.....and if you take into account of additional sales tax on the 27 hundred that makes $2,868.75 better than my local dealer.

My local dealer did match that price, but now the owner's so mad he won't even say hello to me. I bought three new Harleys in three years and the owner won't even say hello to me. :^(
That doesnt sound to bad it seem's like you did it all for under $3000.

Old 05-25-2009, 02:57 AM
JonnyD
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Texas Fat Boy
Yeah but Harley didn't do 435 changes, two month after you bought yours.
I guess you hadn't heard, the 2010's have even more changes..... DOH! I can only imagine how your wife feels you getting 3 new bikes in 3 years, she's probably wondering when you'll trade her in for a new model

Quick Reply: I couldn't take it any longer