Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Another dealer gone?

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2009, 10:33 AM
scooter_trash_1
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Another dealer gone?

Just got info that Roeders in Sandusky, Ohio has closed its doors as of the 18, May. Sorry situation as Ohio Bike Week revolves around this dealership and is forthcoming , June 6-15th...Is the Monroeville Roeders location involved as well? Man couldnt the bank wait untill the in-rush of business that comes with the week of festivities...Anyone out there have anything to add or answers? Head hangin in Ohio...Scooter

Old 05-23-2009, 10:46 AM
petemac
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Guess they didn't sell enough of those $30 tee shirts that weren't even 100% cotton.

Old 05-23-2009, 12:53 PM
parrothead306
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

They had closed the monroville dealership already before the season started. I guess what happened was the bank closed or stopped their credit line or something like that. I understand that is happening to a lot of businesses. National city foreclosed then (pnc now not sure) and they owe harley davidson something like 2.5 million.They moved festivities head quarters to to the broken spoke saloon next door I think most of the stuff this year will still happen because the company that is running it is still selling week passes from there. I was just in Roeder's a few weeks ago. I had no idea that was happening either. Hope bike week still continues it is usually a real good time

Last edited by parrothead306; 05-23-2009 at 12:55 PM.
Old 05-23-2009, 01:23 PM
Tat2dGooch
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

lol@ petemac!

Old 05-23-2009, 02:33 PM
JacktheBagger
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

George Roeder the HD dirt and road racers dealership ??

Old 05-23-2009, 03:36 PM
Justmac
Advanced

It's closed and locked up in Bankruptcy. The Monroeville store was used as the "main" store and Sandusky was considered a satellite store so the bank got the both. Ohio bike will go on but there's going to be a lot of changes. Most of the bands haven't been payed and Roeders were sponsoring them and they have already rebooked. No other dealer can take over because they consider that area of the state Roeders and the MOCO won't allow dealership areas to over lap. There will always be bike week but it's going to take a serious set back for the next few years.

Old 05-24-2009, 08:43 AM
RoadHog659
Road Master
Received 31 Likes on 25 Posts

This should be of concern to all Harley riders, everyone in fact. I don't know the Roeders, and I have never been to either of their stores, but this doesn't sit right with me. PNC (which now owns NCB) received $7.7 BILLION dollars from the federal government, supposedly to "save" NCB from going under, and now they are foreclosing on the small business customers that have been their bread and butter for a good number of years. It appears that PNC doesn't feel the need to use those taxpayer monies to help out a locally-owned, nationally-recognized business. I can't believe that the only solution is foreclosure. I hear complaints about National City almost every day, and I don't understand why anybody banks there......

Old 05-24-2009, 09:17 AM
malmax
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

sad to see a dealer go, but may be the tip of the iceberg

Old 05-24-2009, 09:20 AM
idagon
Novice

The Auburn California Harley Dealer also closed.
This was about 2 weeks ago.

Old 05-24-2009, 09:21 AM
neano62
Tourer
Default Roeder H-D

What a SHAME!! Roeder is a big name in the state of Ohio, when it comes to motorcycling! Alot of History there. Everybody knows of that name, I'd presume? I saw the Roeder people race years ago, and have been to the shop in Monroeville, and still have a sweatshirt from there. Theres a place called Aces and Eights down here around Cincy. I've heard, they are in Dire Straits too! I hope whatever needs to get straightened out with this economy, does and everyone, including the Harley-Davidson facilities, dont keep falling by the wayside! This is a Shame!

Quick Reply: Another dealer gone?