Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Power Commander popping IGN Fuse ????

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2009, 01:20 AM
PA SILVERBACK
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Power Commander popping IGN Fuse ????

Is it Possible ????

Last Year I was Blowing Ign Fuse after Ign Fuse... But it was doing it about every 10 miles and I couldn't find where the problem was.. So This Year I decided to go ahead and ride it till it would pop it as soon as I would switch the Off Run button to Run... Well surprisingly, It did it Finally. We repplaced the Switches/Harness to behing the fairing.... Started right up ... Rode for about 400 miles, Then Today I was hammering down pretty hard and the fuse popped again. (frustrated as hell now).. So I pulled over and changed it, Rode it for about 10 more Miles with no problems...

I was doing a search on the IGN fuse blowing and read accross to where the Power Commander may be the cause of it.... Could this Be ? And is there any way of testing it ???... There's 3500 miles on the PC..

07 FLHX, 116HP 107 .... Power Commander USB III

ANY info would be greatly appretiated

FWIW I also poste this in Tech.. Thought it May get More hits here, In need \of quick suggestions, Have a big ride planned in a couple days ..

Old 05-23-2009, 01:39 AM
dredy2g
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

you may have to replace ur PC but u can also give dynojet a call and let them know whats going on with ur PC

Old 05-23-2009, 01:44 AM
emwolb
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

any codes in your ecm's history? if there is a fault code there, it'll show up. gonna take someone with the proper diagnostic equipment though. i don't know if the indy shops can retrieve any codes or not. if so, how deep can they dig to find all the codes like the tech at hd, if he's sharp, could do.