Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New helmet review--Nexx X60

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2009, 10:00 PM
JonnyD
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default New helmet review--Nexx X60

I searched long and hard to find a replacement for my half helmet. I was tired of the half helmet and the little wind & noise protection it provided. I researched on www.webbikeworld.com for hours.

I read many reviews on many 3/4 helmets, and even flip-up styles, and I finally slapped down the money for my new Nexx X60 open face. It got rave reviews from many, and although a little expensive it is by far the most comfortable helmet I have ever worn. They are a European jet style made in Portugal, so most reviews were from Foreign riders. And they are fairly new to the US. So I gave my mix breed American review

I went with the Vintage in Black/Orange.

The detail is very nice and very well made. Has a removable liner for washing, a flip up shield with 3 detents, and a ratchet style chin strap. And it weighs about the same or less than my 1/2 helmet.

I know it's not for everyone, but I've tried many helmets on over these past few weeks and this one fits like a helmet should. And just an FYI, customer service was excellent. They were always available to answer questions, even on Sunday night.......

Last edited by JonnyD; 05-22-2009 at 10:09 PM.
Old 05-22-2009, 10:24 PM
Wassup8687
Club Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nice looking helmet. Were you able to try one on before ordering? How is the fit compared to other helmets? I need a 3/4 for the headset.

Old 05-22-2009, 10:30 PM
street_glider
Road Warrior
Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Is the exterior fabric covered? Or painted?

How about a picture of it on your bean so we can see how it looks on a real biker.

Also - does the face shield come off, and does it look good without it?

Old 05-22-2009, 10:43 PM
JonnyD
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by wassup8687
Nice looking helmet. Were you able to try one on before ordering? How is the fit compared to other helmets? I need a 3/4 for the headset.
Nope, the closest dealer is in CA. I called em, he said measure your head, I did, I ordered it and it fit perfect. If it didn't fit, he told me they would pay shipping to send me a different size. I wear a medium, and I ordered a medium.

Originally Posted by street_glider
Is the exterior fabric covered? Or painted?

How about a picture of it on your bean so we can see how it looks on a real biker.

Also - does the face shield come off, and does it look good without it?
The exterior is leather sides and matte black on top. I will take some pics and post em tomorrow. The shield does come off, but I haven't taken it off yet. I bought it because it has the shield, that was most of why I wanted a different helmet.

Old 05-22-2009, 10:59 PM
Yachtman
Road Warrior
Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts

Very cool helmet. The web site shows photos of someone wearing one. I haven't bought anything for the ride in a while, so I might be introuble now $$$$$$$$$$$ !!

Old 05-22-2009, 11:10 PM
Chumplestilskin
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That's a unique looking helmet. I have a Bell Mag 8 coming my way via UPS for the headset reason as well. I wish I would have seen that one you got prior...maybe. I'm not sure! It sure is different. Kinda a cross breed between the Scorpion EXO100 and an old leather football helmet. Something you might see in a Mad Max movie..

How's the shield work out as far as air deflection?

Old 05-22-2009, 11:45 PM
Lightngsvt2
Tourer

Thats pretty cool, I like it. How is for noise? I recently bought an HJC AC-3 Carbon and while its a very nice, light helmet it is noisey. Id like to get something quiet and this is unique enough that Im interested.

Old 05-23-2009, 12:07 AM
TheJimer
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I bought a Nexx 60 Chrome and I agree it’s a great helmet it is light weight and has open/close vents which allows me to wear it in our 110 + degree heat!

But I disagree with your great customer service comment or at least that was NOT my experience! Originally they said that I would have the helmet in 5 days…”didn’t happen”!

After two calls and finally a nasty gram they said they finally shipped. Each time I would call I was told that it went out earlier that day put they couldn’t locate the tracking number. They promised me that because of the mess up they would ship next day air; that was lie too, they shipped standard UPS. I don’t believe that these people could tell the truth if their life depended upon it!

The sizes are metric or something, any other helmet I bought was always a small-medium; on the Nexx I had to move up to a XXL in order to get one to fit.

Great helmet…”Screwed Up Company”!

Jim

Old 05-23-2009, 07:13 AM
Wassup8687
Club Member

Originally Posted by Chumplestilskin
That's a unique looking helmet. I have a Bell Mag 8 coming my way via UPS for the headset reason as well. I wish I would have seen that one you got prior...maybe. I'm not sure! It sure is different. Kinda a cross breed between the Scorpion EXO100 and an old leather football helmet. Something you might see in a Mad Max movie..

How's the shield work out as far as air deflection?
I tried on a Bell Mag 8 yesterday and I didn't care for it. Seemed to run small and I think the visor would be an issue at speed.

Old 05-23-2009, 07:29 AM
KopperTop
Road Captain

Damn - those are some good looking designs. It's nice to see some creativity out there. I have too many helmets, or I'd be all over that X60.

Quick Reply: New helmet review--Nexx X60