Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New helmet review--Nexx X60

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2009, 10:06 PM
JonnyD
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by wassup8687
Well I really like it. I wish there was a local dealer so I could try one on. Sounds like they run small from some of the reviews.
You are taking a chance, but the reviews sold me.

Originally Posted by Chumplestilskin
When I took the link to the review, I clicked on the other two of the retro series they were also reviewing. That Cromwell Spitfire is pretty unique too although I didn't catch the price on that one. Worth looking at for interest
I did look at the Cromwell but the $395 price tag for a non DOT approved helmet, and the fact that no one in the US sells them was a drawback. You have to order from the UK and pay accordingly.

UPDATE: Got to take the helmet on the hiway yesterday, and I was more than impressed on it's wind and noise reduction. The light weight is a big plus as well. I tried it with the visor up and down at 70 mph and the shield performed excellent. The shield is built so well and low profile to the helmet, when up it gave no drag or cause any head shake.

As for sizing, I wear a medium and the medium fits perfect. But, my wife normally wears a small and the medium fits her. People with a rounder head may need to go up a size. The wife is getting one as well, but we ordered mine first to make sure on fitment as well as other things. Glad we did. She wore the helmet all day today and said she really liked it.

The helmet comes with a 60% tint shield, but I am also ordering the 80% tinted shield for the summer.

Hope this answered any questions, and I hope the review helped anyone who has interest in the helmet.

Old 05-16-2010, 08:19 PM
Red.Road.Glide
Tourer
Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Thanks for the review on this helmet. First saw the NEXX X60 at an HD dealership in California in January. I tried on the X60 air and REALLY liked the fit, but didn't want to drop the $279 w/o knowing anything about the company or their rep. The helmet fit better than any other helmet I had ever tried on. After reading the review on webbikeworld and a few customer reviews, I wish I would have bought it when I was out there. I have heard the X60 Air really lets a lot of air in.

I am in the same boat as you, I'd like something w/a little more coverage and less wind noise than a 1/2 helmet.

Last edited by Red.Road.Glide; 05-16-2010 at 08:23 PM.