Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New helmet review--Nexx X60

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2009, 10:36 AM
JonnyD
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by TheJimer
I bought a Nexx 60 Chrome and I agree it’s a great helmet it is light weight and has open/close vents which allows me to wear it in our 110 + degree heat!

But I disagree with your great customer service comment or at least that was NOT my experience! Originally they said that I would have the helmet in 5 days…”didn’t happen”!

After two calls and finally a nasty gram they said they finally shipped. Each time I would call I was told that it went out earlier that day put they couldn’t locate the tracking number. They promised me that because of the mess up they would ship next day air; that was lie too, they shipped standard UPS. I don’t believe that these people could tell the truth if their life depended upon it!

The sizes are metric or something, any other helmet I bought was always a small-medium; on the Nexx I had to move up to a XXL in order to get one to fit.

Great helmet…”Screwed Up Company”!

Jim
Sorry to hear about that, but my experience was quite the opposite. I emailed back and forth several times with questions and was responded to very quickly. I even emailed him Sunday eve about wanting to get it ordered so it would ship first thing Monday and he called me after he got out of a show. Made my order, and received email confirmation within minutes of my order. Package was shipped Monday morn and was emailed a tracking #. Got my helmet Thursday. Maybe they got complaints and got their poop together.

As for sizing, I would say if you have a more round head, you may want to go up a size. The metric thing you refer to is on most helmets now produced. My Harley 1/2 helmet is labeled in both metric & standard sizing.

Last edited by JonnyD; 05-18-2010 at 12:28 PM.
Old 05-23-2009, 11:07 AM
KopperTop
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

OK, well...hmmm...maybe I'm not so much in love with it anymore. Kinda looks like the Alien monster head...

How about a shot with the visor down from the front? Thanks.

Old 05-23-2009, 11:27 AM
JonnyD
Outstanding HDF Member

Like I said, the look isn't for everyone. But you are kinds stuck if you live in a DOT helmet state. So I wanted comfort, features and style. And the fact it is so light is a huge bonus. Take your pick; mushroom or alien

Old 05-23-2009, 12:17 PM
Fast FLHX
Road Master

Looks like something a skier would wear.

Old 05-23-2009, 12:34 PM
Sean Dempsey
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

put the visor down and take a picture from the front and 3/4 view.

Old 05-23-2009, 12:42 PM
JonnyD
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by Sean Dempsey
put the visor down and take a picture from the front and 3/4 view.
I'm at work so if you want pics hit me with a pm and give me your email and I'll take some and shoot em to ya. You can also go to Nexx USA website and click on events and they have an entire gallery of pics from a Dallas show. Lots of people trying them on.

Old 05-23-2009, 01:45 PM
street_glider
Road Warrior
Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Next time smile like your enjoying yourself - Just Kidding!

That's for posting the pic. It's kinda cool.

Old 05-23-2009, 03:02 PM
nick@nite
Road Warrior
Received 70 Likes on 48 Posts

Originally Posted by JonnyD
Like I said, the look isn't for everyone. But you are kinds stuck if you live in a DOT helmet state. So I wanted comfort, features and style. And the fact it is so light is a huge bonus. Take your pick; mushroom or alien
What is a DOT Helmet state?????????? No such thing. DOT will not take responsabilty for your head if you are in a accident with a helmet that has a DOT sticker , just ask them.

As a very avid and pro biker rights person I have researched this and DOT is full sh***T.

No offense but dont come in my area wearing that helemt somone might hit ya with a giant fly swatter..............

Old 05-23-2009, 03:45 PM
JonnyD
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by nick@nite
What is a DOT Helmet state?????????? No such thing. DOT will not take responsabilty for your head if you are in a accident with a helmet that has a DOT sticker , just ask them.

As a very avid and pro biker rights person I have researched this and DOT is full sh***T.

No offense but dont come in my area wearing that helemt somone might hit ya with a giant fly swatter..............
Climb down off your horse nick, I live in a state, Washington, that requires the use of DOT certified helmets. Did I really have to explain that to you!

Even if it didn't I'd still wear one.

Don't worry, if everyone in your "area" is like you I'll be more than happy to avoid it....

This post was for people who can get info on the helmet "I" choose to wear. If you don't care for it, move along and keep your $hitty comments to yourself. Oh, thank you for your robust knowledge of the DOT, by the way.

Last edited by JonnyD; 05-23-2009 at 03:47 PM.
Old 05-23-2009, 04:02 PM
Sean Dempsey
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am interested in the pure white one.

Quick Reply: New helmet review--Nexx X60