Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I ain't no Grandpa.........

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2009, 11:12 PM
iceman5218
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by wood butcher
Iceman,

I'm wondering if you're jerkin' our chains or what? After reading alot of the replies you've gotten I personally think(for what it's worth)that if your frettin' over spending the amount of money you have for the bike why are you looking for ways to spend more? Especially if the wife is against it and that matters so much to you. If the dang bike isn't cool enough for you as it is, get rid of it. Or, ride it like it is for awhile to see if the wife warms up to it. If it causes too much trouble or your marriage, get rid of it. All of us know going in that purchasing a Harley is not cheap. If money is the real issue, get rid of the street glide and buy a less expensive metric. I'll bet the metrics have crept up in price and may not be much less than a Harley in some cases. If all of these suggestions don't work, just get rid of the bike and work on a good relationship with the wife and forget about riding altogether. That seems to be her preference for you anyway.
Appreciate the interest and the insight to some of my posts here and on other threads. All of this really does revolve around the wife. We just had a baby girl and yes money is a little tight but not beyond where I've been before. I do want to know what to do with my bike because I like the way it looks but I'm not happy with it till I've gotten a few personalizations (the grips are first once I decide what to do). The wife and I finally had it out and got the air clear (more of a discussion than fight) on what the bike is going to be for me, her, and us. She finally said what I have been suspecting and that she doesn't want to ride, she just does it to make me happy. So I pretty much get to make it a quick detach solo. The wife just wants me to be happy and "quit buying bikes". So this one gets to be mine with no complaints from her except that "it looks like a grandpa bike". So even though money is a little tighter right now, I would like to get me a blueprint together on what I'm going to make her.

Really liking the black on chrome theme (not the reverse). Black mirors, Black levers, chrome buttons, the grips that are all black in the middle and chrome on the edges (think they are kury). Then the powder coating begins. Crash bars, forks, powder coated crash bars for the bags. Need some chrome on the bars to get the accent right and haven't figured it out yet. Anybody seen a bike that looks like that. Would like to lower the bike some more so the wife could drive it when she gets ready (says she wants to learn just in case I need her to drive it home or something) and because it still seems to sit a little on the high side. Follow all this up with an eventual stage 1 with monster ovals and stage two later. Did I miss anything? Tour pack might be an option but I've come to the conclusion that unless she is involved I'm not doing any long distance stuff. This has been a wonderful thread and would love if it was stickied or something for future guys to pull from.

Last edited by iceman5218; 06-03-2009 at 11:32 PM. Reason: Spelling
Old 06-04-2009, 12:04 AM
DoWorkSon
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

should have gotten a road glide

Old 06-04-2009, 10:24 AM
dan1551
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Waiting for my time with "financial advisor and marriage counciling dept.......I guess I didnt realize how valuable this forum could be!