Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

help arc amp problem

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2009, 07:04 AM
dubc
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default help arc amp problem

your assistance please. for some reason I lose complete sound to my speakers intermittently . I mean with the volume high is when it happens . I've check all connection and everything looks right but the one thing I have noticed is when this happens my amp power indicator is still on . iam clueless, any ideas?

Old 05-21-2009, 07:27 AM
esram
Cruiser

does it happen on all sources? I would ck your rca connection, see if they are loose. If they pull off easy tighten them, you might try replacing them. Next step call arc and pick there brain, dont know if there is problem with the amp. Re check your power, ground, and turn on. (both at amp and battery.) I noticed whe I install mine that those wire connections at the amp are questionable. Tiny screws with no clamps.
If you find it please post problem.
Is this the stock head unit? If it is check all inputs, I think there is a dip switch for the low or high input. Make sure it hasnt moved or is in between settings. Remeber there are alot of vibrations and if 1 switch is not firmly in its position it could be tripping back and forth.

Good Luck.

Last edited by esram; 05-21-2009 at 07:34 AM.
Old 05-21-2009, 07:42 AM
StreetGlideMedic
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Almost sounds as tho the AMP is overheating and it's safety cut-out is working. Who did you buy it from? Cal them and tell then your issue!

Please keep us informed of what you found out!

Mike

Old 05-21-2009, 08:52 AM
Mike5959
Road Warrior

are you using high level inputs? If so turn them ALL the way down and then up just a little bit and play the radio. See if it cuts off.

Old 05-21-2009, 09:58 AM
artc
Cruiser
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

I had mine turn off last weekend. I was playing it loud {what else] and the out side temps were in the high 90's. I have mine bridged to 4 4ohm speakers.
I pulled over and turned the bike off of 5 minutes and it rest it self.
Didn't pull of the fairing to read the code.
My guess, Themo shut down.

Old 05-21-2009, 03:53 PM
Firecap501
Former Sponsor

It is more than likley the radio muting itslef for protection, some of the radios do this when the load is decreased, from taking the 2ohm stock speakers out. Art, Dub did you guys get your systems from me?

Old 05-22-2009, 07:31 AM
dubc
Intermediate

thank for intel. I don't think its a heat problem. I bought amp package from 541 baggers
I did check the input wires ( im using stock radio 07 ) but never consider checking dip button.
so these amps will give an error code ? I can say I saw the power light blinking when powering up
firecap what can I do to prevent radio from going into protection mode if this is the problem
I will keep everyone posted

Old 05-22-2009, 07:37 AM
Firecap501
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by dubc
thank for intel. I don't think its a heat problem. I bought amp package from 541 baggers
I did check the input wires ( im using stock radio 07 ) but never consider checking dip button.
so these amps will give an error code ? I can say I saw the power light blinking when powering up
firecap what can I do to prevent radio from going into protection mode if this is the problem
I will keep everyone posted
I am pretty sure it is the radio muting itself. give me a call or shoot me a pm with your address. I will make you up a new high level input with the resistors attached which will keep the head unit from muting. Did you use butt connectors to connect the high level input to the facotry wires?, or are your factory ends still intact?

Old 05-22-2009, 03:34 PM
artc
Cruiser
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Wayne ,when mine shut down the rear speakers were still playing. The rear speakers are running off the stock head unit. I got the hogtunes 6way system and running the ARC amp I got from you.

Old 05-22-2009, 06:03 PM
ranman469
Road Master

i doubt its heat i run mine at 2 ohm for 4 speakers and it has already been 110f here and no problems with shut fown

Quick Reply: help arc amp problem