Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Garmin Security What DO YU DO!!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2009, 04:09 AM
Casper
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 309 Likes on 200 Posts

Lock it up.....my Zumo I plan to keep

Old 05-21-2009, 05:24 AM
mainshaft
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I take that and my sirius off when I get some place, stash em in my vest. I prefer not to trust the crooked folk out there. Just keeping honest people honest. But then again if some one really wants some thing they will get it....

Old 05-21-2009, 12:13 PM
bmorebhoy
Road Master
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

I use this security screw off the ZumoForums site to replace the PIA stock screw,
http://www.zumoforums.com/index.php?topic=1153.0
Here's the order form;
http://www.boelis.nl/index_bestanden/Securityscrew.htm

I have the locking **** from RAM to keep the cradle on the bike when I stop for lunch but I always pop the GPS unit itself off and stick it in my pocket.
I ride an RKC and an XL so I don't have the full-time faring and like to keep the bikes looking lean for just bar hopping and such so the mount I use is the Powerlet Plus because it gives me the RAM mounting ball and power outlet all in one and it's easy to remove the cradle at the end of the day.
http://www.powerletproducts.com/prod...ts-gadgets/347

Old 05-21-2009, 12:15 PM
joeschmoe
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by bluffalobob
I replaced the "security screw" with a thumb screw, got it from a guy on the Zumo forum. When I stop, I just pop it out of the cradle and lock it in the tourpak. Just takes a couple of seconds, and it's worth it to me for peace of mind.
+ 1.>This is what I do...Hate forum word length restrictions

Old 05-23-2009, 06:53 PM
SecondChance!!
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I take it off if I am not going to able to see it, otherwise I let Les Bear or Kimber guard it!!!!

Old 05-23-2009, 06:58 PM
AtkRWC
Elite HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Have the prospects watch the bikes!

Old 05-24-2009, 08:09 AM
katobird
Road Warrior
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Only thing I leave for a thief is a "used Chapstick" in the windshield pouch...everything is locked. or if they are really desperate they can have the my lighter next to the chapstick

Old 05-24-2009, 11:04 AM
iclick
Extreme HDF Member
Received 48 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by riteway
With the popularity of these GPS(es).Wondering what you folds do!!! I always take it off but the O'lady just got a lock for it. its a **** to replace finger screw and it has a key to lock it...I THINK if they want it it gone!!! Dont think it would stop me from taking and im no thief..(Well never been caught) Anyways What cha Think!!!! Thanks Guys!!! Two more days till TENNESSEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!...R.W.
The **** is a good idea but if they want the GPS they can just dismount it from the cradle. I removed the funky screw thingie that keeps the GPS from popping free when riding and installed a clip (seen here) that cost $10 including shipping from the UK. It makes removal much easier which is good for convenience but bad for theft prevention, although it also adds confusion to the method needed to remove the GPS from the cradle. I also use the Zumo as a helmet rack, so when in place the Zumo is not visible and the helmet might be assumed to rest on a mirror. OTOH if I'm in an unfamiliar location where I can't see the bike at all times I do remove it from the cradle.

Last edited by iclick; 05-24-2009 at 11:11 AM.
Old 05-24-2009, 11:15 AM
Wassup8687
Club Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I usually take mine off. Have on occasion put the helmet on it but as we all know I could lose the helmet and the Zumo then.

Old 05-24-2009, 08:57 PM
05 Ultra
Road Master
Received 67 Likes on 49 Posts

Its according to where I am I guess. If I'm just running in for beer I'll hang my helmet over it. Otherwise I pop it off. To replace the silly security screw I copied this from the Zumo forum. Just covered it with some shrink tubing and it looks like it belongs there. I think it works better then the springy thing. Nothing to cut yourself on.

Attached Thumbnails Garmin Security What DO YU DO!!!!!!!!!-zumo-safety_latch-1-.jpg  

Quick Reply: Garmin Security What DO YU DO!!!!!!!!!