Notices
Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

TREX TRUE DUAL INSTALLATION

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2006, 06:47 AM
HD Renegade
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: TREX TRUE DUAL INSTALLATION

I take it that you got them on, and got to hear them? They do ROCK don't they?

Bob

Old 05-12-2006, 12:07 PM
rollover
Road Captain

You guy's are killing me here with the pipes. Mine are sitting in the box in the garage waiting until next week when I get the injectors changed. I don't want to do them first and give the dealer any chance of claiming it is the mods that make the bike run the way it does. Also, I want them to do their remapping before I put the pclll on and get it dyno tuned. It's killing me though to look at them just sitting there every day. Wish someone had a sound clip so I can at least hear what they will sound like.

Old 05-12-2006, 12:16 PM
vegashd
Banned

These exhausts really are not hard to install at all. Just be prepared. I was not aware that I would have to drian the tranny oil if I did not want that ugly pipe mount on their. So I had to make a trip to get the Mobil 1 tranny oil as well as the o rings for the drain plug. ( I am not sure who it was but they were complaining about the price of O rings. 24 cents each at HD. You wont find them any cheaper at the Depot.)

SO I got that taken care fo then wanted to be sure you did not use the black flange. Heck the install would be simple if they only supplied you with the 4 rear mountin bolts. nothing to confuse you about.

Actual time spent on putting them on is about 3 hours. 2.75 hours was removing the stock exhaust [sm=happybounce.gif]

No really a very simple install.

This moring I am going to go back out and double cehck all the exhaust header nuts and make sure they are still tight.
I cannot get to the front cylinder top nut easily at ALL!!!

Old 05-12-2006, 12:25 PM
rollover
Road Captain

So your having it dyno tuned Sat. morning? Did you ever check on the injectors?

Old 05-12-2006, 01:41 PM
vegashd
Banned

ORIGINAL: rollover

So your having it dyno tuned Sat. morning? Did you ever check on the injectors?
I did not, where DO I look I will go do it now

Old 05-12-2006, 01:45 PM
rollover
Road Captain

Look between the heads from the left side just behind the horn. If you use a flashlight, you should be able to read the numbers on the injectors. 8 degree=27625-06 25=27709-06A

Old 05-12-2006, 01:59 PM
HD Renegade
Road Warrior

Why did you have to drain the tranny fluid to install the pipes??

Bob

ORIGINAL: vegashd

These exhausts really are not hard to install at all. Just be prepared. I was not aware that I would have to drian the tranny oil if I did not want that ugly pipe mount on their. So I had to make a trip to get the Mobil 1 tranny oil as well as the o rings for the drain plug. ( I am not sure who it was but they were complaining about the price of O rings. 24 cents each at HD. You wont find them any cheaper at the Depot.)

SO I got that taken care fo then wanted to be sure you did not use the black flange. Heck the install would be simple if they only supplied you with the 4 rear mountin bolts. nothing to confuse you about.

Actual time spent on putting them on is about 3 hours. 2.75 hours was removing the stock exhaust [sm=happybounce.gif]

No really a very simple install.

This moring I am going to go back out and double cehck all the exhaust header nuts and make sure they are still tight.
I cannot get to the front cylinder top nut easily at ALL!!!

Old 05-12-2006, 02:15 PM
vegashd
Banned

I took the lower bracket off the tranny that is for the stock pipes or pipes with slip ons. I did not want the ugly unfinished metal on their so I removed it. It ha sa screw behind the oil filler neck as well as 4 in the bottom tranny ocver. Since 90% of the oil had drained out and I cannot stand the Syn3 in the tranny I switched it out.

Old 05-12-2006, 02:47 PM
Ram
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Did any of ya'll "not" put the 1/4" peices of cut pipe (spacers) in to kick out the right driver floor board?

Old 05-12-2006, 02:55 PM
bountyhunter
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I reversed the lock washer on the bottom rear board bracket. Gave me just enough clearance.

Quick Reply: TREX TRUE DUAL INSTALLATION