Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Target AFR

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2009, 07:45 PM
Zacharia_11
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Do you have access to the Accel Enrichment table with a PC? If so I would add a little to the multiplier....

Another thing I have heard of you might investigate is a 'throttle blade'... I don't have one but if you have access to adjust yours I have heard this can contribute to hesitation off idle.

Old 05-19-2009, 09:16 PM
iclick
Extreme HDF Member
Received 48 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by Puttnutt24
Hello.
I've recently installed Woods TW-6-6 cams and added the Auto Tune to my Fuel Moto PC-V (premapped)to my '09 SG. I ran the bike for about 300 mile's and then accepted all trims. I didn't change anything from Jamie's target numbers. The bike run's great accept I have a slight hesitation just off idle. The only time I really feel it is if I lug the bike from a dead stop. The bike seem's to stumble pretty bad. Other then that, bike run's great. Any idea how I can get rid of this hesitation just off idle. Thx. Rich
Change the target AFR's to "0" for 1250 RPM @ 2-10% TP, then clear the trims. Others have had problems setting target AFR's in this range, including me, and this fixes the hesitation for my bike. I just noticed it on my recent trip to the Smokies and changed it while on the trip, thanks to the handy netbook computer I carried along with me, after noticing large negative trims in this area. When I returned I called Jamie and he said he's now using zeroes in this range because he's seen the same problems with other bikes. It may be related to the cam change, as I had no problem with the stock setup and you've also made a cam upgrade.

Be advised that if you change the target AFR's to 0 you'll need to clear the trims, as the PCV-AT will not clear the trims in the cells you've zeroed. Thus if you don't do it the big negative trim numbers will not disappear and will continue to be used, thus the hestitation will remain. This is a minor issue since it will write new trims rapidly as you ride after clearing.

Last edited by iclick; 05-19-2009 at 09:20 PM.
Old 05-19-2009, 10:45 PM
fuelmoto
Platinum Sponsor
Received 4,163 Likes on 1,356 Posts

Originally Posted by nemick
I didn't realize that the target AFR's were already in the Autotune tables until today. I'll stick with what FuelMoto suggest until I get it dialed in to that and then go from there.

Thanks all.
All of our PC-V maps have the AFR table in the background which will come up when you enable the auto tune. We have spent a lot of time developing our AFR tables with a combination of dyno tuning and real world riding and have several updated versions for different combinations and requirements. If you would like our newest map/AFR table just send me an email.

Jamie Long / Fuel Moto USA
The USA's Leader V-Twin EFI & Performance www.fuelmotousa.com
Contact 920-423-3309
Email jamie@fuelmotousa.com

Old 05-20-2009, 12:20 PM
JustDennis
Road Warrior
Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

Good discussion and information. Subscribing

Old 05-24-2009, 04:13 PM
BkrDude001
Cruiser

I had the auto tune installed last weekend. The first thing that I noticed was the sound. It sounded different. The throttle response seems better, but could be that I am justing wanting it to. I hooked it up to the laptop last night. I am staying with the preloaded AFR tables, for now. I am concerned that the real time AFR reads 0.00. DynoJet website says that it could be wired wrong or faulty sensors. The modules are wired correctly, and it seems that the sensors are working as the bike is running better. I am planning on calling Fuel Moto Tuesday morning. Has anyone else had this problem and did you do anything to fix it? Thanks, Dave

Old 05-24-2009, 07:12 PM
mhud
Road Captain

Good info, thanks guys!

Old 05-24-2009, 09:48 PM
iclick
Extreme HDF Member

Originally Posted by BkrDude001
I am concerned that the real time AFR reads 0.00. DynoJet website says that it could be wired wrong or faulty sensors. The modules are wired correctly, and it seems that the sensors are working as the bike is running better. I am planning on calling Fuel Moto Tuesday morning. Has anyone else had this problem and did you do anything to fix it? Thanks, Dave
The real-time AFR numbers in the software should show up after the sensors heat up, which is around a minute after starting. OTOH when it is not in AT it should show "99.9" for the real-time AFR. I'm not sure what the 0's indicate but it definitely isn't normal. Double-check that you have the terminator connected properly, as its installation wasn't very clear in my manual and I didn't have it connected at first, thus no AT.

Old 05-24-2009, 11:32 PM
BkrDude001
Cruiser

Originally Posted by iclick
The real-time AFR numbers in the software should show up after the sensors heat up, which is around a minute after starting. OTOH when it is not in AT it should show "99.9" for the real-time AFR. I'm not sure what the 0's indicate but it definitely isn't normal. Double-check that you have the terminator connected properly, as its installation wasn't very clear in my manual and I didn't have it connected at first, thus no AT.
I didn't do the install. I just went back out and looked at it. There is a rubber cover installed where it says the termination plug should go. Is the termination plug an actual plug?

Old 05-25-2009, 08:10 AM
JustDennis
Road Warrior
Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

I didn't do the install. I just went back out and looked at it. There is a rubber cover installed where it says the termination plug should go. Is the termination plug an actual plug?
Yes The termination plug is a plastic looking plug not just a rubber weather cover. When I installed the AT on my bike the AFR display read 0.00 also. I called FuelMoto and Keith told me to recheck all the connections.

I did the istall and was very careful but I went back and checked the connections. FIrst I made sure it was connected like the diagram said including the temrination plug. Then I removed each wire and replaced. It is very easy to not make a good connection on those small wires.

After that, I fired it back up and after 1 minute the AFR values were displaying correctly.

When mine was reading all zeroes, there were no trim values showing in the map after riding. This was a sure indication that the AT was not working.

Another thing they had me check was to be sure the AT power was connected to the plug under the left side cover not the one under the seat.

Good luck.

Old 05-25-2009, 12:11 PM
iclick
Extreme HDF Member

As Dennis said, the terminator is a plastic plug that's larger than the rubber cover you describe. It's included in the kit and I'm sure that is your problem. Go find it! BTW, don't feel bad, as I did the same thing. This item is poorly documented in the instructions.

Also, the plug that Dennis mentions (J1850) is under the right side cover on '07's.

Last edited by iclick; 05-25-2009 at 12:14 PM.

Quick Reply: Target AFR