Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

how many tip for service??????????

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2009, 04:18 PM
KopperTop
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

No - you CANNOT be serious. Do you tip your proctologist too?

But wait, I never use the stealership and do my own service, and I DO tip myself fairly well. Call me a hypocrite.

Old 05-17-2009, 05:13 PM
oley55
Road Captain

What a bunch of cheap assed, narrow-minded weenies on this forum! Tip the Mechanic? Oh my God!

First off I religiously do my own routine mainteneniance /servce (tires oil and the like). I will however take advantage of the MOCO warranty program when necessary.

As for their Tech's, just like any other bike/automotive dealership, the Tech gets $18 an hour and the shop charges $70. Do I tip the Techs that service my scoot? Damn straight I do!

If I am expected to tip some floozy at the "Slurp n' Burp" 15%, you can bet your cynical ***, I will cough up a few bucks for the dude servicing may scoot. You would be amazed what enough money for a six pack will get you.

Old 05-17-2009, 05:16 PM
hogginit
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'd always thought that a tip was for great service, not for just doing the job!

Old 05-17-2009, 05:31 PM
oley55
Road Captain

Originally Posted by hogginit
I'd always thought that a tip was for great service, not for just doing the job!
the problem with tipping the service is it's almost always the Service Manager that sets the impression of great service. You can have the best Tech in the world back there working on your scoot ,and you're only impression of the Service is how the Service Manager got it in and out.

Old 05-17-2009, 05:37 PM
jag1886
Elite HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Good grief, when I leave the dealer and my *** is bleeding I'm not going to give them a tip, especially when you need to ride the bike for a while to see if they did the job right, which by the way they do it wrong quite often!!

Old 05-17-2009, 06:41 PM
mphamrick
Road Warrior

I will have to remember this when I take the bike in for my 10 K checkup. They did a damn good job installing the cams I will keep this in minde.

Old 05-17-2009, 07:03 PM
dawg
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 3,223 Likes on 1,840 Posts

I always tip the mechanic! Mechanic is me, and my tip is a beer! Sit back and stare at 'er while I sip my beer.

Old 05-17-2009, 07:13 PM
LVdennis
Intermediate

TIP stands for "to insure prompt service" At least I read that once. I'm having several thousands of dollars worth of engine work done. It only stands to reason to tip the service writer, who is over seeing the entire operation. Every one enjoys being appreciated, and I think it's a small token of appreciation.

Old 05-17-2009, 07:33 PM
Boo67
Outstanding HDF Member

I never know who I'm supposed to tip any more. Tiping is out of control. I'm far from cheap, and tip very well when indicated, but EVERYWHERE I go, there is a jar for tips, or a sign about tips...everyone has their hand out. Another member posted something about not getting tips in their job and not expecting to. Same goes for me. I go to work, go above and beyonde every single day, and my company pays me for it. It shouldn't be the customer's responsibility to pay the person performing their job additional money to make sure they do their job the way they were hired to do it. We pay a price for a service...and then are expected to pay MORE to ensure we get the service provided properly. Give me a break! My hairdresser charges me $120/hour, is the owner of her business, and also expects/accepts a 20% tip before I walk out the door. I only recently thought about how out of whack that is.

Old 05-17-2009, 08:05 PM
Bad Pig
Road Master

Tip???......NO EFFIN WAY! unless someone goes above and beyond....but that is very far and few in between. tight ***??? not at all. I work as a respiratory therapist....do I get a tip when I'm at work??...hell no. do I expect it? hell no....I go above and beyond when I'm treating my patients. its my job and my employer pays me for what I do. Do you tip your doctor when you go in for a check up? tip the girl at the window thats in control of who gets you in to see the md? I bet not....so whats the difference? when I pay 90.00hr for a service thats tip enough....besides I usually don't pay just the service bill....I usually end up spending more on chrome or other goodies so I"m usually tapped. Hell they expect tips at self serve buffet restaurants too....wtf?? lol