Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fishtales

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2009, 10:00 PM
HarleyDawg
Cruiser
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Fishtales

My wife insist on buying some fishtale slipons for my 07 Ultra. Does anyone have any pictures of fistales on their Ultras? Who make fishtails beside Vance & Hines?

Old 05-17-2009, 12:18 AM
emwolb
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

harley dawg, the best looking fishtails i've found are the screamin eagle 4" slip ons. they need end caps so the 4" fishtails really look sweet, and aren't the kind that squeeze the exhaust to where it sounds like an old buick on stock mufflers either. they're fully open and flow great, look in the screamin eagle section of your parts and accessories catalog for them. i am turning down my rinehart caps to fit the 3 1/2" fishtails if i decide to keep the rineharts. they will fit after turning down the rinehart end caps on the lathe. and re drilling the rinehart end caps to the harley bolt pattern. but sorry to digress, just check out the looks of the fishtails on the screamin eagle mufflers. also supertrap also makes fishtails and i believe they're the ones who make the screamin eagle ones.

Old 05-17-2009, 01:28 AM
ftanner
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by emwolb
harley dawg, the best looking fishtails i've found are the screamin eagle 4" slip ons. they need end caps so the 4" fishtails really look sweet, and aren't the kind that squeeze the exhaust to where it sounds like an old buick on stock mufflers either. they're fully open and flow great, look in the screamin eagle section of your parts and accessories catalog for them. i am turning down my rinehart caps to fit the 3 1/2" fishtails if i decide to keep the rineharts. they will fit after turning down the rinehart end caps on the lathe. and re drilling the rinehart end caps to the harley bolt pattern. but sorry to digress, just check out the looks of the fishtails on the screamin eagle mufflers. also supertrap also makes fishtails and i believe they're the ones who make the screamin eagle ones.
While Supertrapp and HD call those fishtails, they're not really fishtails. Back in the day, they were called rocket tails or jet tails.

I have 'em on my bike.