Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

BUB7 Quiet Baffles Installed on TD's

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2009, 07:52 PM
Suede Blue Man
HDF Community Team
Veteran: Army
Received 765 Likes on 530 Posts
Thumbs up BUB7 Quiet Baffles Installed on TD's

I installed the BUB7 Quiet Baffles for their TD system last night and love them!

I consider myself lucky because installation really was quite painless. The original baffles came out with very little persuasion (only one required some tugging with the pliers). This was the rear (left) baffle. The flange connecting it to the header pipe had more carbon and showed it had seen higher temps than the right (front cylinder) baffle.

Didn't have to take the muffler housing off but did have to loosen the rear bolts under the saddlebags so the fiberglass packing wouldn't hang up on it when inserting the new baffles in. I just rotated the baffles clockwise so the packing would slide in easier and zip-zang in they went.

Rode 250 miles on it today and didn't have any hiccups or pops.

I loved the sound of the original baffles but they had a pretty good bark that drowned out my stereo. I like my music!

So the new baffles still sound great but in a more mannered tone. The sharp bark is gone but still an awesome sound with good performance.

I have been waiting to get the bike dyno'd until I installed these so soon I'll post the specs.

Here is the link to the baffles:

http://www.bub.com/Bub_Accessories.c...ries&sc2=&sc3=

Old 05-16-2009, 09:02 PM
Tn.Heritage
Grand HDF Member
Received 184 Likes on 132 Posts

Blueman I'll comment if no one else will, I like the original ones, awesome sound, my bike is making great power and tq, no tips to turn purple if you know what I mean.

Old 05-16-2009, 10:50 PM
rjmac53
Extreme HDF Member
Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

good for you...

Old 05-17-2009, 01:57 PM
hubble
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Suede Blue Man
I installed the BUB7 Quiet Baffles for their TD system last night and love them!

I consider myself lucky because installation really was quite painless. The original baffles came out with very little persuasion (only one required some tugging with the pliers). This was the rear (left) baffle. The flange connecting it to the header pipe had more carbon and showed it had seen higher temps than the right (front cylinder) baffle.

Didn't have to take the muffler housing off but did have to loosen the rear bolts under the saddlebags so the fiberglass packing wouldn't hang up on it when inserting the new baffles in. I just rotated the baffles clockwise so the packing would slide in easier and zip-zang in they went.

Rode 250 miles on it today and didn't have any hiccups or pops.

I loved the sound of the original baffles but they had a pretty good bark that drowned out my stereo. I like my music!

So the new baffles still sound great but in a more mannered tone. The sharp bark is gone but still an awesome sound with good performance.

I have been waiting to get the bike dyno'd until I installed these so soon I'll post the specs.

Here is the link to the baffles:

http://www.bub.com/Bub_Accessories.c...ries&sc2=&sc3=
I'm glad to hear you like the baffles. I've been waiting to hear from you to see if you liked them or not. Bub 7's are on my list and I was thinking about the quiet baffles and if they helped move the torque curve lower in the RPM range any, and the sound of coarse. Thanks for the post...........

Old 05-17-2009, 02:26 PM
bruce sg08
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

been waiting for your post too, do you notice any improvement in low end trq. or even tell any loss of low end trq when you went to the true duels.

Old 05-17-2009, 04:59 PM
Yachtman
Road Warrior
Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts

I've been wanting to quiet my Rinehart TDs down and mostly want to improve the grunt factor that seems to have disappeared, and got excited when I clicked on the above link. But........

I thought that Bub TDs and Rinehart Tds would have the same baffles and that the above baffle that Suede Blue has would solve my problem, or help.

But as I scrolled down the Bub link / web site, I see that there are actually different quiet baffles for each. Each completely different. See below link.

http://www.bub.com/Bub_Accessories.c...=22%2D2105%2F2

So can anyone enlighten me, please?????????????

Old 05-17-2009, 05:14 PM
Suede Blue Man
HDF Community Team
Veteran: Army
Received 765 Likes on 530 Posts

Originally Posted by Yachtman
I've been wanting to quiet my Rinehart TDs down and mostly want to improve the grunt factor that seems to have disappeared, and got excited when I clicked on the above link. But........

I thought that Bub TDs and Rinehart Tds would have the same baffles and that the above baffle that Suede Blue has would solve my problem, or help.

But as I scrolled down the Bub link / web site, I see that there are actually different quiet baffles for each. Each completely different. See below link.

http://www.bub.com/Bub_Accessories.c...=22%2D2105%2F2

So can anyone enlighten me, please?????????????

Call up the Tech contact number from that BUB website I listed, talk to the tech named Brad; he will be able to fill you in since he is their expert on both systems. Hopefully he can hook you up.

You can email him @: bubtech@bub.com

Good luck!

Old 05-17-2009, 09:48 PM
Yachtman
Road Warrior
Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts

Thank you much!

Old 05-17-2009, 10:03 PM
jcbpa
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I had the bub 7's with the crossover and the quiet pipes and it was by far the best sound I have ever heare. My indy was not pleased with the dyna an attributed it to the pipes. I had D&D make me fat cats 4 " longer and cut to match the sweep of the bag. i also added the phantom because i am hopelessly ocd. Now on my 117 I'm at 120 hp and 130 tq, right in the low and mid where I wanted it. He did a great job. The pipes are not as pleasing to my ears but the perforance is outstanding

Old 05-18-2009, 12:02 AM
Bad Pig
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The Bub 7s from what I was told (from Bub) are thier flagship pipes. They are made for performance. I have a set of the true duals without the x-over myself....love the sound, better than rhineharts IMO. I'm expecting my quiet baffles monday!!! I'm glad to see this post as now I'm really looking forward to hearing them. I'm getting ready for a 3000 mile florida trip in a few weeks. I'm excited that Bub made the quiet baffles. they told me that they are gonna make new end caps for the 7's too. not yet released. thanks for the post Blue Suede!
I'll post what I think after I get mine installed tomorrow.

Quick Reply: BUB7 Quiet Baffles Installed on TD's