Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

BUB7 Quiet Baffles Installed on TD's

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2009, 12:23 AM
Bad Pig
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by JonnyD
Lets just say, I didn't buy these new and leave it at that. If your TD's have the bracket I mention, it's very cheaply made and when I saw how it just snapped, I was kinda shocked. They manufactured a part that takes the abuse of the Harley motors shake, from cheap pot metal.

I did call them at 1pm today, got a machine for the tech support line, left a message to have him call me back. No call, and they close at 4 pm, same coast as me. I was in the middle of working on my bike and managed to use what was left of the bracket to get me through the upcoming weekend.

I took a chance buying used pipes off the forum, and lets just say, I'm less than impressed with the product.
when I installed mine as per instructions,,,your suppose to reuse the stock HD bracket that your talking about, it held the stock exhaust. and I bet when tech calls you they will tell you that as well. might be the reason you have a crack in the joint at your cross over. if they don't do anything about it I'd have someone do a quick weld there, the heat shields will cover it.