Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Apes on a Road King

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2009, 03:26 PM
fatboy4447
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Puttnutt24
I'd like to throw out a hugh thumb's up to Johnny Vaughn at http://hdbikeparts.com/. I'm installing Wild 1 16" apes on a buddy of mine's Night Train this weekend and I kid you not, I ordered everything Tuesday night at around midnight and I had a e-mail the next morning when I woke up that everything has been shipped. I not only ordered the bars but everything to do the job (bar's, risers, top clamp, bushings, cables and wiring extention kit) He had everything I spec'd in stock and it'll show up on the big browm truck this afternoon.
I do alot of bizzness here on the net and it doesn't get any better then that!
I highly recommend Johnny to anyone looking to do apes..................Rich
BTW, I borrowed this pix from his website, yea baby.....

hey man i was actually going to go through Johnny but got a awesome deal with the guy at dealer i know...Johnny is the ****

Old 05-29-2009, 04:47 PM
Lord Albany
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Huh?

Is that bike with the monster apes for real? It seems ridiculous but I've seen some crazy bikes and crazier bikers around so who knows.

Last edited by Lord Albany; 05-29-2009 at 04:49 PM.
Old 05-29-2009, 08:03 PM
FYRDOC
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yes, its definately for real.......he is from the St.Louis area

Old 06-05-2009, 03:22 PM
Riverdog
Intermediate

I was worried about fatigue and being legal since I'm barley 5'8" so I ordered the chubby 12.5" apes - but I wish I had gotten the 14's now. In NY if your hands are above your shoulders it's not legal, but I could have gotten away with 14's on the stock seat.

I got them right from chubby ( mistake $219) and with shipping was $265. I've seen them on other sites for $199 since then. I got the black, but it was a flat black, so I had it re-powder coated in glossy black to match my tank, they look great. I ordered the wire extension and cables from www.hillcountrycustomcycles.com but it's been over 2 weeks and they said they didn't realize the clutch cable was back ordered and it will be another week now. I paid $300 for new clutch cable, brake lines, wire extensions, and TBW extension. Hopefully I can start this next week if my extension ever come in. I'd like to have my apes on before I make the trip to Laconia.

But as previously stated, add 2" to what you think you want.

Old 06-05-2009, 03:30 PM
Lord Albany
Road Captain

I bought a blem for less than $200. I can't even find the blemish.

Old 06-05-2009, 05:15 PM
fatboy4447
Cruiser

this sunday is the day...ill have them on and ready to go....ill have pictures for everyone

Old 06-05-2009, 07:29 PM
cryan9
Road Captain

Can't wait to see them. Good luck with the install. Take your time. Let me know if you have any questions. My cell: (281)630-4379

Old 06-06-2009, 12:40 AM
joewg3
Tourer

Originally Posted by Lord Albany
Is that bike with the monster apes for real? It seems ridiculous but I've seen some crazy bikes and crazier bikers around so who knows.
How about them pipes! I'm all for custom and unique but that's REALLY pushing it.

Old 06-08-2009, 05:31 PM
cryan9
Road Captain

Did you get it done? Updates?

Old 06-16-2009, 08:06 AM
fatboy4447
Cruiser

alright guys sorry its been so long....i have been swamped at work and the indy guy who was actually doing my bars for me crimped them all wrong and the bike wouldnt function properly....so after 4 days of this guy having my bike i grabbed a trailor and went and picked it up myself(let me tell you guys something, this guy actually works at a harley dealer).... i guess this is the lesson i learn from having someone else do the work for me....well what took him 4 days only took me about 6 hours cause i had to cut the wires and lenthen them and then make sure they where all crimped right....so it was a BIG cluster f&ck....but anyway it is done correctly thank god and looks awesome.....i think i could have even went with 18s but thats a different thread.......so i took some pictures from the other day and will have them on here hopefully by tonight......hang em high people

Quick Reply: Apes on a Road King