Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Riding after ACL surgery?

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2009, 01:35 PM
Morrisk64
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks everyone, I'm 3 days into the recovery phase now and am doing well, thanks to the pain pills I wasn't really expecting this much post-op pain, but after that Femoral Nerve Block wore off...OUCH! Well, hopefully I don't rush things and this will all be worth it. Oh, for those thinking of doing this..Do not do it while living alone..If it wasn't for a bud dropping ice off everynight, I'd be screwed. It would be nice to have somebody around to help with the little things that quickly turn in to big things while moving around.

Old 05-22-2009, 03:00 PM
stricky
Cruiser
Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

Morris, It will get better,. every day it will get better I promise. Move that knee, even if its just a little, and yes. I know it hurts.. MOVE IT! Make a muscle with that quad ...squeeze that muscle (flex the muscle) for a count of 6..and repeat as often as you can. while sitting in the bed/couch.. do some ankle pumps...(i.e. point the foot/toe and bring the foot/toe up, then repeat!). Get that range of motion back in the knee and those muscles working.. Right now they dont want to do anything. You have to make them!! . good luck.

Old 05-22-2009, 09:51 PM
billyp326
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Morrisk64
Thanks everyone, I'm 3 days into the recovery phase now and am doing well, thanks to the pain pills I wasn't really expecting this much post-op pain, but after that Femoral Nerve Block wore off...OUCH! Well, hopefully I don't rush things and this will all be worth it. Oh, for those thinking of doing this..Do not do it while living alone..If it wasn't for a bud dropping ice off everynight, I'd be screwed. It would be nice to have somebody around to help with the little things that quickly turn in to big things while moving around.
I know what your saying... A day after I had mine my wife left me home alone so she could go to work. Dam, if it wouldn't have been for my buddy I would've been in one helluva jam. He stopped by and helped me get into a car so I could go back to the hospital to get stronger pain meds which inturn made me sick, so with that being said, it seems bad but it will get better. Work hard at your rehab and get back out there. Keep your head up

Old 05-23-2009, 01:03 PM
gunner11
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I feel your pain, had it done twice and still didn't get the job done. They want me to have a complete knee replacement, and the doc is pushing me to do it now. I told him no way this summer, (already paid for cabin in Sturgis). I'll do it on company time after that. Mine's doing ok except for the pain and the knee coming out of place sometimes, but through leg weight exercises and my wife being a massage therapist I'm doing pretty good so I'm not rushing into anymore surgery.

Old 05-26-2009, 10:30 AM
HDSAE60
Road Master
Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
Default good luck

My acl took 12 weeks and was still weak, be careful!