Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

RearAlert (snicker) brake module

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2009, 07:56 PM
big_e78
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RearAlert (snicker) brake module

Has anyone ever installed a RearAlert brake module? Where do you splice the wires?

Old 05-16-2009, 07:33 AM
Ram
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Wink

I don't have your unit however if I were to install. It would be going under the seat, and would use Ride Time Quick-Connect Accessory & Trailer Wiring Adapter. Leaving the tagged off wires alone for anything future you want to add. But the straight runs between the two connectors is where your RearAlert brake module would go.

Doing it this way you don't cut and mangle any of the stock wiring harness, and make things quick removable (baring taking off the seat) to trouble shoot in event the module takes a crap. You just unplug the Ride Time Quick-Connect with your module in the middle and re-plug up the stock wiring connectors and go!

http://www.ridetimetechnology.com/qc...er_adapter.htm

Old 05-16-2009, 07:47 AM
RODEO
Outstanding HDF Member

Consider just buying a Kisan "Tailblazer" replacement bulb. Works like a charm and flashes your tail light nicely. Go to their website and see the demo. Just plug and play, no wiring to do.

http://www.kisantech.com/index.php?cat_id=3

Old 05-16-2009, 07:53 AM
big_e78
Cruiser
Talking

Originally Posted by Ram
I don't have your unit however if I were to install. It would be going under the seat, and would use Ride Time Quick-Connect Accessory & Trailer Wiring Adapter. Leaving the tagged off wires alone for anything future you want to add. But the straight runs between the two connectors is where your RearAlert brake module would go.

Doing it this way you don't cut and mangle any of the stock wiring harness, and make things quick removable (baring taking off the seat) to trouble shoot in event the module takes a crap. You just unplug the Ride Time Quick-Connect with your module in the middle and re-plug up the stock wiring connectors and go!

http://www.ridetimetechnology.com/qc...er_adapter.htm
$30 for that little harness? Man, they get you coming and going don't they... I guess $50 total is not a bad price to pay for a little peace of mind. Thanks for the info.