Notices
Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hardrideaudio.com

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2009, 06:00 PM
SA315B
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Talked to a guy doing upgrades at Leesburg, my problem with his setup was that the saddlebag speakers had no quick disconnect so removing a bag became a project. I usualy pull the bags to wash the bike so that would be a problem as would changing a rear tire.

Last edited by SA315B; 05-17-2009 at 09:30 PM.
Old 05-17-2009, 07:02 PM
klovelace
4th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This system has quick disconnect connectors which are water proof ,very easy to remove saddlebags

Old 05-18-2009, 12:30 AM
Gtsdesigns
Road Master

Originally Posted by klovelace
No I dont work for these guys, just bought 2 kits for my bike and installed ,they sound great,all the speakers are 6.5 inch not 5.25 like everyone else,they really do sound above and beyond everyone elses system,dont knockem before you try them, and as for loosing space I would rather give up space for BOSE sound any day of the week, as for everyone else trying to make 5.25 speakers sound good YOU CANT if you really know anything about real sound systems!!!
uve got to be kidding me.lol.... my 5.25s sound amazing...and i think i have a real sound system...lol

Old 05-18-2009, 05:28 AM
fatglide
Cruiser

No I dont work for these guys, just bought 2 kits for my bike and installed ,they sound great,all the speakers are 6.5 inch not 5.25 like everyone else,they really do sound above and beyond everyone elses system,dont knockem before you try them, and as for loosing space I would rather give up space for BOSE sound any day of the week, as for everyone else trying to make 5.25 speakers sound good YOU CANT if you really know anything about real sound systems!!!
FAIL!

Sorry dude, I have done absolutely amazing stuff w/5.25". You ain't getting boom out of anything below 8", although 4 or 8 6" will move some air and hit hard. Not happening on a bike tho.

Old 05-18-2009, 08:04 PM
dailydriver
Road Captain

Actually Bose are smaller than 5.25" just thought I'd throw that out there...Because it can be done

Old 05-18-2009, 08:45 PM
bikergeoff
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You're joking, right? Bose made a name for themselves by engineering SMALL audio systems that sound big... Bose Acoustimass and Wave music system are just two examples. Bigger speakers don't always make more or better sound!

Old 05-18-2009, 11:37 PM
Gtsdesigns
Road Master

Originally Posted by bikergeoff
You're joking, right? Bose made a name for themselves by engineering SMALL audio systems that sound big... Bose Acoustimass and Wave music system are just two examples. Bigger speakers don't always make more or better sound!
also, i personally didnt settle for "Bose" quality sound...lol, i expect more from my ride... and all of the setups ive heard, including my newly aquired Firecap (Arc audio setup) i purchased to check out arc stuff, def. exceeded my expectations from the equipment...

i just like to step my stuff up a little and get that wow factor out of it... i would rather get a set of loudlids... and i dont particularly like that either... just thought it was better than just cutting a bag and throwing a speaker outside of it...

Old 05-19-2009, 12:54 AM
FFeric
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

I went with the ARC from firecapt. And it sounds great. If I had to do it again I would go with the ARC.