Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Free installation? What do you think?

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2009, 06:49 PM
VTwin-Goodies
Sponsor
Received 1,949 Likes on 1,933 Posts
Default Free installation? What do you think?

We at Harley Goodies are constantly reviewing our products policies and procedures in order to better ourselves and our products. What can be done to make our product better?

Is free installation an idea whose time has come? We all know that in this day and age most people are strapped for cash and time. Dealers charge outrageous amounts of money to change a few bolts, tighten a few screws, and pour in a few liquids.

I say nonsense. I am a do yourself kind of guy for several reasons, but am trying to figure out a cost effective way of offering some sort of free installation. Would free installation be enough motivation for you to buy some sort of bike product regardless of how simple it is to install? Would you be willing to ride your bike to a given location for the install? Would you prefer to be able to make an appointment and have something installed in a timely fashion? Does being able to discuss the product and it features openly with the designer and marketing team appeal to you?

We are located in SoCal and would like to be able to find a way to make this work. At this stage it makes absolutely no financial sense whatsoever, however my goal is to spend a few hours a day installing kits for customers on their timetable in an effort to serve you, the customer, better.

I almost forgot to ask, would you be willing to ride your bike a certain amount of miles for this service, were it to be provided free, or at a very low cost?

Thanks for your responses. Let us know.

Last edited by VTwin-Goodies; 05-14-2009 at 06:53 PM.
Old 05-14-2009, 06:53 PM
StreetGlideMedic
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ya know...that's the best suggestion I've heard in awhile! You usually dont' see this offer...maybe at some bikes shows and what not...but that's an awesome offer! Once again we find a Forum Vendor going above and beyond for it's Members!

Thank You, Mike

Old 05-14-2009, 06:57 PM
VTwin-Goodies
Sponsor

As we always say, the customer is KING! Plan a trip out our direction if you live far. There has be a way to make this work.

Old 05-14-2009, 06:58 PM
1flhtk4me
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 90 Likes on 67 Posts

Thats a great idea for your customers that live in SoCal.

Old 05-14-2009, 07:01 PM
badherb
Road Captain

maybe you could ride to WA state and install something for me.

Old 05-18-2009, 03:48 PM
VTwin-Goodies
Sponsor

I'll ride wherver as long as I can find a way to get my expenses covered. the longer trip, the better. I guss it could be considered a write off at tax time.

Old 05-18-2009, 04:14 PM
keltonkrew
Road Master

when I was into modding my truck, we'd have vendor days where vendors would show up and there'd be about 200 guys with trucks....for the most part whatever you bought, the vendor installed for free. sure pulled the trucks in. I got the exhaust on my truck put on that way, from Turbo back...all I had to do was sit and drink beer!

Old 05-18-2009, 04:50 PM
cbears
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So Col is a LONG way away for me but if you were more local to Kansas, I'd jump on that deal.

Old 05-18-2009, 06:12 PM
keltonkrew
Road Master

Originally Posted by cbears
So Col is a LONG way away for me but if you were more local to Kansas, I'd jump on that deal.
and I was just in Topeka riding for 4 days...... hwy 24 from topeka to manhattan was a nice ride! so was K-4 !

Old 05-18-2009, 06:26 PM
hog95023
Elite HDF Member
Received 161 Likes on 106 Posts

I think that's great, but I'd a been happy with directions. I didn't have the torque specs and wasn't sure if I could remove the bolt from the kick stand side while the bike rested on the kickstand or not.

Quick Reply: Free installation? What do you think?