Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Free installation? What do you think?

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2009, 07:45 PM
Primo
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by hog95023
I think that's great, but I'd a been happy with directions. I didn't have the torque specs and wasn't sure if I could remove the bolt from the kick stand side while the bike rested on the kickstand or not.
No experience with HarleyGoodies but I do know just about anybody's instructions could always be more clear and concise.

For those out of the local area perhaps pics on the company website with more detailed instructions or better yet a link to a video showing how it's done on YouTube.

P.

Old 05-18-2009, 07:50 PM
VTwin-Goodies
Sponsor
Received 1,949 Likes on 1,933 Posts

Fine idea Jim. Gonna have to get this going in the near future.

Old 05-18-2009, 07:58 PM
HDRider2002
Road Master
Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Its a novel idea, and seeminly out of the question in this economic day and age. My former employer used to offer free delivery as a selling feature, and by the time i moved on they were quoting crazy delivery fees as a way to get customers to pick up their purchases. There is a fine line between fiscal responsibility, and the desire to go above and beyond to serve your customer. Personally, if there were such a company in my area, that was providing quality product (such as yours) and offering certain times where free install was available, i'd certainly give a tip of my cap to you. Depending on the complexity of the install, i might even take ya up on it. If this is something you can do financially, then it can only serve to strengthen your reputation in the industry, which is never a bad thing.

Old 05-18-2009, 08:05 PM
VTwin-Goodies
Sponsor

Financially it makes no sense. But you never know what is possible.

Old 05-18-2009, 08:12 PM
HDRider2002
Road Master
Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Well, financially each installation makes no sense, but if the offer increases your sales, then there might be something to it.

Old 05-18-2009, 09:08 PM
FFeric
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

I think it is a good idea. If a guy was thinking twice about having something done, it might help him make up his mind. Even if there was a discount in the cost of labor.

Old 05-19-2009, 01:04 AM
emwolb
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

a small percentage of riders live near southern california i'm assuming. the rest of us live in the far away sections of the country. but sure, if you were an hour or so away, i'd love to take you up on the free install thing. just so happens i'm only about 14oo miles away. oh well, i dig wrenching on my bike, good stress reduction therapy. that and a vicodin always works.

Old 05-19-2009, 08:40 AM
FLHTCU Owner
Road Warrior
Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Absolutely. Especially if it was something that was going to take a little time, or if it's something I wasn't familiar with how to do it. I see a lot of posts where folks got into a little trouble simply because it was their first time doing it.

Old 05-19-2009, 08:57 AM
kupitz
Cruiser

Received 53 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by hog95023
I think that's great, but I'd a been happy with directions. I didn't have the torque specs and wasn't sure if I could remove the bolt from the kick stand side while the bike rested on the kickstand or not.
+1!!! Ever worked off Harley's Instructions or Kuryakyns??? The worst! A link to step by steps on a website or video would go a looooong way in my book to bring me back to a vendor.

Old 05-19-2009, 01:58 PM
VTwin-Goodies
Sponsor

Originally Posted by HDRider2002
Well, financially each installation makes no sense, but if the offer increases your sales, then there might be something to it.
My thought exactly. Our main focus is to be customer service oriented and get our product to the masses. So, if you are around here in SoCal shoot us a PM and I will personally hook you up. A happy customer is a good customer and as we always say the customer is KING!

Quick Reply: Free installation? What do you think?