Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I don't tear up

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2009, 05:51 AM
Born2cure
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I don't tear up

It is about time somebody gets what bikers are all about. Just because we sport tattoos and piercings, wear our hair long, and that 90% of our wardrobe are tee-shirts and jeans doesn't mean we are all as#$h^&s. People see me on my scoot they see somebody they fear. They don't see the fact that I took custody of my daughter when she was 5 y/o and raised a very respectful women. They don't see a man who saves lives in the ER as a RN every night. They don't see a man who believes his 4 month old grand daughter is gods gift for straightening his *** out 18 years ago and taking responsibility of his own actions. We see it in each other. It is nice to know that once in a while others see it too.
Follow the link

http://www.suntimes.com/news/transpo...ide11a.article

Old 05-12-2009, 07:44 AM
DMetcalf
Road Captain
Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts

I hear you brother..! I am in a very similar situation and even work in the same field as you. God bless you and your family. Ride on..!

Old 05-12-2009, 07:47 AM
TheShrink
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Most won't admit it, but it's true. We're a tight family.

Old 05-12-2009, 08:15 AM
BiggDogg
Outstanding HDF Member

senior citizens are always turned off by me and my tattoos untill they realize that I'm the only guy holding the door open for them in a sea of people. Most people don't expect bikers, or people covered with tattoos/earings, or even crazy haired people to be kind souls. It is true: you can't judge a book by it's cover..... There I said it.

Old 05-12-2009, 08:21 AM
morrishuckeba
Tourer

Way to go brother.

Old 05-12-2009, 08:23 AM
MNHarley
Cruiser
Smile

When my wife got her bike her the first thing her co-workers asked her if she was getting a tatoo now, she told them she has had one since she was 18 they did not know what to say. Its unreal how people treat you when you tell them you ride a Harley. I tell them most of us are gust regular people. Well maybee not "REGULAR"

Old 05-12-2009, 08:28 AM
jdreed520
Road Warrior

I agree most will not admit it but they are......and that is very true we do allot for charities.........

Old 05-12-2009, 09:35 AM
ojgp
Advanced

Guess I'm gonna have to weigh in on the opposite side of this thing. My perception of a biker is that a biker is one of the one-percenters. I firmly believe in live and let live and if someone wants the biker lifestyle, no problem, more power to 'em, this is Americia for Christ's sake. All said, after 40 years of motorcycling, I have never viewed myself as a biker. I don't want to look like a biker, I don't want people to view me as a biker, I don't want "cagers" (and aren't most of "cagers" most of the time?) to fear me because of how I dress or look. Not that any of it is wrong, there is just no appeal or desire in me to dress up in a pirate's costume to go ride my motorcycle. I just don't feel the need. I've been around "bikers" and I fear them. And I keep my distance, both physically and in the way I dress. In my opinion, I am a motorcyclist, not a "biker".

Old 05-12-2009, 10:23 AM
honestbob
Elite HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by ojgp
Guess I'm gonna have to weigh in on the opposite side of this thing. My perception of a biker is that a biker is one of the one-percenters. I firmly believe in live and let live and if someone wants the biker lifestyle, no problem, more power to 'em, this is Americia for Christ's sake. All said, after 40 years of motorcycling, I have never viewed myself as a biker. I don't want to look like a biker, I don't want people to view me as a biker, I don't want "cagers" (and aren't most of "cagers" most of the time?) to fear me because of how I dress or look. Not that any of it is wrong, there is just no appeal or desire in me to dress up in a pirate's costume to go ride my motorcycle. I just don't feel the need. I've been around "bikers" and I fear them. And I keep my distance, both physically and in the way I dress. In my opinion, I am a motorcyclist, not a "biker".
When I'm not at work I wear jeans, boots and a t-shirt on or off my bike. I wear a vest when riding cause stuff will blow out of a t-shirt pocket (glasses, phone, directions, ect.) and it,s handy. and a leather jacket in the winter. I guess that's what you mean by "pirates" costume? I consider myself a "biker" cause I've never been without one since 1960 and have allways put more miles on two wheels then four. But I guess i'm a motorcyclist Too. I've been around "bikers" and don't fear them as much as people who dress in suits. If you don't mess with bikers, chances are slim you will be messed with, the same I cannot say for people in three piece suits!

Old 05-12-2009, 10:33 AM
ojgp
Advanced

Originally Posted by honestbob
When I'm not at work I wear jeans, boots and a t-shirt on or off my bike. I wear a vest when riding cause stuff will blow out of a t-shirt pocket (glasses, phone, directions, ect.) and it,s handy. and a leather jacket in the winter. I guess that's what you mean by "pirates" costume? I consider myself a "biker" cause I've never been without one since 1960 and have allways put more miles on two wheels then four. But I guess i'm a motorcyclist Too. I've been around "bikers" and don't fear them as much as people who dress in suits. If you don't mess with bikers, chances are slim you will be messed with, the same I cannot say for people in three piece suits!
Don't know where the "suit" BS is coming from but...no...what you described is not what I meant by "pirates" costume. And I am positive that with your riding experience that you know EXACTLY what I am talking about. Look around at many in our sport today...pissing people off and causing more laws and restrictions for me. I really knew better than to post what I did because it would be taken by some as offensive. I wish I could put "more miles on two wheels than four", God knows I try! I just get disgusted with some of what I see in riders today...dressing like such bad-asses and such...believing their garb causes fear in others...good lord...go ride....that's what I say. Sorry if I offended anyone...pirates and landlubbers alike.

Quick Reply: I don't tear up