Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I don't tear up

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2009, 12:32 PM
rerb95
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

forgot to add, that I love tattoos, and think it is the best money that can be spent, it lasts forever and usually they stand for something that needs to be remembered in your life! So ink away, and remember that people will place judgement on you no matter what you are wearing or doing....

Old 05-12-2009, 12:39 PM
my1sthog
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Bikers don't scare me. Hell, most of them treat me better than some of my friends. Everyone should be judged by their character. I think most everyone is guilty to some degree of pre-judging people. But, having said that, some are not people persons either. I really like the spectum of bikers I have met on my harley. Girls, africans, mexicans, you name it, and all of them pretty darn cool. But, I am a people person.

Last edited by my1sthog; 05-12-2009 at 12:41 PM. Reason: correction
Old 05-12-2009, 12:55 PM
harleyflyboy
Road Warrior
Received 32 Likes on 20 Posts

Well leave it to my wife to help with my ego. We were in a Harley dealer somewhere a few months back, here I am in my full RUB costume, vest, doo rag, boots etc. and my wife hands me her flowery pink purse to hold while she goes to try on something. So I am walking around checking out the new bikes and stuff with this pink purse over my shoulder. I received several nice comments about how well the colors went with my clothes from the "real bikers" and others, if one can really tell the difference.

Now I have been riding motorsickles since 1967 and have dressed in various styles, mainly depending on what I could afford, when you are a PUB the choices are limited, anyway it doesn't appear that how I was dressed over the last 42 year has really had any effect on whether or not people thought I was a motorcyclist, or a "real biker" or just weirdo walking around with a pink purse. Regardless we are all in it for the same reason, I love to ride motorcyles and the clothes have less to do with it than any thing else.

Old 05-12-2009, 01:51 PM
ojgp
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by badblue
That is the sad part you don't get it.
Hey Rocker Biker Boy...I grew up in and am a product of the 60s..I get it.

Old 05-12-2009, 02:16 PM
machpilot
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

hmmm lets see if a biker wears colors hes a lawless thug?...I understand your meaning about the 1%ers but not every one who belongs to an MC is a 1%er and they are real bikers...they wear colors, but can and do abide by the law. I know because i am one of them and the ones i ride with also keep their noses clean we have to because of our jobs...but we do because its our choice...There are many people who BUY into the whole biker image by buying everything up that says HD. To them i guess its about image...me its about my brothers (friends) who i know in a moments notice if i broke down or got hurt they would be the first to help without a thought. Some just want to honor those who started the whole american biker era.

Originally Posted by ojgp
A school teacher "biker"?...Lord I need to get out of this thread...I wrote that I was talking about the "one-percenters" when I was talking about my definition of a biker, not real world working stiffs who ride motorcycles. There's a reason for the "one-percenter" name. And the fear I was referring to is fear of the all too typical attack by a pack of lawless thugs on one who invades their "territory" or wears "colors" or somehow (in their minds) shows disrespect...not fear of a school teacher or a dentist or even the likes of me (an electrician) dressed in leather and riding a motorcycle.

Old 05-12-2009, 02:45 PM
badblue
Cruiser

Originally Posted by ojgp
Hey Rocker Biker Boy...I grew up in and am a product of the 60s..I get it.
Nice, now I see the level of your intellect, name calling? Then stating that you have not evolved with the times. That because you are a product of the 60's you can't look around today and see that it is not the 60's. I will not waste any more breath on close minded people that are afraid of people and afraid to wear cloths that might get them judged or placed with a certain group.

Old 05-12-2009, 02:46 PM
cbears
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by machpilot
hmmm lets see if a biker wears colors hes a lawless thug?...I understand your meaning about the 1%ers but not every one who belongs to an MC is a 1%er and they are real bikers...they wear colors, but can and do abide by the law. I know because i am one of them and the ones i ride with also keep their noses clean we have to because of our jobs...but we do because its our choice...There are many people who BUY into the whole biker image by buying everything up that says HD. To them i guess its about image...me its about my brothers (friends) who i know in a moments notice if i broke down or got hurt they would be the first to help without a thought. Some just want to honor those who started the whole american biker era.
Yep, I agree. I'm not in an official MC of any sort but I do ride with a local HOG group, a local gun club group and other friends. When I'm at the gun club, I feel safe and enjoy my friends company even though we would be catagorized as a bunch of gun loving red necks. They are all good people regardless of thier loaded gun safes back home. When I'm riding with a group, I feel safe and enjoy my friends company even though we might be catagorized as a group of trouble-maker bikers. We all wear leathers but mostly for warmth, protection, etc. I wear lots of Harley stuff because I think HD ROCKS!!!

All I know is, I've met more great people from all walks of life at the gun club and riding with groups to motorcycle gatherings during the last couple of years then during the rest of my professional life combined. The vast majority of motorcycle folks are hard-working, honest, patriotic, generous people.

Old 05-12-2009, 02:58 PM
ojgp
Advanced

Originally Posted by badblue
Nice, now I see the level of your intellect, name calling? Then stating that you have not evolved with the times. That because you are a product of the 60's you can't look around today and see that it is not the 60's. I will not waste any more breath on close minded people that are afraid of people and afraid to wear cloths that might get them judged or placed with a certain group.
Yeah...you really get it! Sorry I bruised your ego. FWIW I am a firm believer in personal freedoms, yours included and would defend them to my last breath. Period. I just stated things I see today that I think are a bit weird...and that makes me close minded? Hardly. And afraid to wear what I want? Hardly! YOU are the one who said you were a biker and a rocker...so I'm not calling you names by repeating your words....except for the "Boy" stuff. Guess I oughtta take that back, so I will. I've learned too that if my use of freedom of speech and or my expression of opinions irritates you, whom I don't know, I will withdraw to be civil, if nothing else.

Old 05-12-2009, 03:03 PM
ojgp
Advanced

Originally Posted by machpilot
hmmm lets see if a biker wears colors hes a lawless thug?...
Nope...didn't even infer that one my friend. And just based on what you wrote in your post I am convinced that you know what I'm really talking about. That said, I'm not interested in this dance. By the way, what you did write (in addition to the above) shows a pretty cool perspective that I haven't heard expressed in that way before. I see where you're coming from too and can appreciate that. Consider me better informed!

Old 05-12-2009, 03:18 PM
dooz28
Advanced
Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Dress 90% for the weather, 10% for looking cool, and spend the rest of your time riding your motorcycle. Forget about who's looking at you and enjoy.

Quick Reply: I don't tear up